The Genesis Cinemas Brand and company was launched into the Nigerian market in the year 2008, in Lagos. By the month of December 2011, the company had served over 15 million customers. Since then, Genesis Cinemas has grown to 12 cinemas with over 45 screens and over 5000 seats.Genesis Cinemas has cinemas located in Lagos, Port-Harcourt, Warri, Owerri, Abuja and Asaba. Our Strategyto continue to grow in all major cities of the country will have us opening in more locations in the years to come.
We are a major brand in the strategic Lagos market, with our current Lekki location situated at the most popular shopping mall in the country with over 800 parking spaces, housing some of the most prestigious Nigerian and International retail brands. Genesis Cinemas Lagos was the first cinema in West Africa to show a 3D movie (Green Hornet) in February, 2011.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Head / Chef
Location: Victoria island / Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Demonstrable work experience as a Chef
- Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment (e.g. grills)
- Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques
- Ability to create prep lists for kitchen crew
- Ability to develop, plan menus and daily specials
- Ability to train new and existing kitchen staff
- Culinary school certificate is desired.
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to manage food costing and inventory
- Ability to maintain standards for food storage, rotation, quality, and appearance
- Ensure compliance with applicable health codes and regulations
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks under extreme pressure
- Excellent time management abilities
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes
- Ability to make good food consistently, even in a busy kitchen
- Excellent Leadership skills, Organizational skills and attention to details.
Application Closing Date
17th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Chef-Lagos” as the subject of the mail.