PZ Cussons is a dynamic consumer products group and innovator of some of the world’s best known and loved brands. Calling on over 130 years of expertise, we operate internationally in carefully selected developed and emerging markets that present the greatest strategic potential for future growth. Our world-class supply chain and distribution networks enable us to meet our global consumer needs and deliver quality brands that add value and enhance everyday lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Pharmacist
Job Requisition ID: JR000331
Location: Ikorodu Factory, Lagos
Job Type: Full time
Department: Personal Care
Job Grade: 6
- To plan and coordinate factory operations effectively to meet production plans and ensure that factory equipment, personnel, environment, raw and pack materials alongside finished products meet required GMP standard.
- Responsible to the Manufacturing Manager.
- Leading the operation to achieve operational excellence in the key performance indicators (OEE, LTA’s, Conversion cost, Quality defect, Absenteeism)
- Driving improvements in the operations through effective leadership of the team thereby creating a conducive atmosphere for innovation.
- Ensuring that the personal care factory operates according to world class standards-safety, training, TPM, Housekeeping, Plant utilization, etc.
- Writing and updating key SOPs and getting these signed-off by the HOM whenever necessary. Also ensuring that sections/ units operate in accordance with laid down SOPs.
- Training his team members whenever necessary and ensuring effective skill development throughout the shift.
- Ensuring Proper documentation of all key KPI’s, including training records.
- Ensuring that necessary templates for monitoring plant output and other performance criteria are updated regularly by the team.
- Checking all aspects of wastages and losses which impact negatively on departmental overheads and offering corrective actions to mitigate these.
- Championing Margin improvement activities in the department.
- Driving strict safety procedures through the shifts and ensuring that people do not cut corners in their day-to-day operation.
- Ensuring regular updating of event log sheet and enforcing corrective actions to address issues arising from tower operation on a timely basis.
- Responsible for the implementation of the management systems in the department.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- B. Pharm Degree.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar position
- Ability to withstand stress and pressure
- Coordinates and ensures Planning and Organising of activities to achieve goals
- Takes into account a broad range of issues in Formulating strategies and vision for the future
- Shows appreciation/encouragement while Working with People rather than apportioning blame
- Gives full commitment to the principles and values of the organisation
- Has Commercial Orientation and an understanding of business issues
- Thinks more broadly about impact of actions – Analysis and Decision Making
- Embraces Innovation and Change to move the business forward
- Establishes Interacting and Communicating networks links within and outside the organisation
- Demonstrates Personal Qualities – Drive and Resilience for achieving agreed objectives
- Able to identify how to turn subordinate’s weaknesses into strength whilst Managing People
- Focuses on high quality standards when Delivering Results and Customer Expectations.
Job Context & Special Features:
- Very good computer skills (especially Excel, word, power-point, and access packages)
- Strong communication skills.
- Very good in handling numbers/figures.
- Ability to spot improvement opportunities fast.
- Good time management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong technical skills
- Good Financial analysis skill.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online