Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Supervisor (Stretch Hood)
Job Code: IbesePlantPackingPlant002
Location: Ibese, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
Category: DCP – Operations
- The Production supervisor oversee and coordinate daily warehouse activities such as stretch-hood pallet receiving, and storing goods, managing inventory levels, ensuring the efficient delivery of goods, supervising staff, and securing the warehouse.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervising staff and daily activities in stretch-hood section.
- Managing, evaluating and reporting on stretch-hood productivity.
- Tracking and coordinating the ATC, storage, and timely delivery of goods and materials.
- Ordering supplies and maintaining suitable inventory levels.
- Determine staffing levels, records and assign work.
- Maintain items record, document necessary information and utilize reports to project stretch-hood status
- Checking orders, bills, items received, inventory, and deliveries for accuracy.
- Maintaining records, reporting relevant information, and preparing any necessary documentation.
- Ensuring basic maintenance standards and compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Performing a daily inspection of the stretch-hood grounds.
- Coordinating with technical heads and maintaining equipment.
- Ensure that minimum 750mt of cement per twelve hour per shift is being dispatched.
- Communicating and coordinating with other departments (weighbridge and transports dept.).
- Time management skills and the ability to delegate.
- Manage packing plant shift teams to ensure effective and efficient execution of packing plant activities and achievement of daily production targets.
- Assist with reviewing of ATCs for respective shift team.
- Assist in supervising the loading of cement into trucks during respective shift.
- Supervise the operation of packing plant equipment’s during respective shift.
- Liaise with maintenance engineers for the maintenance of packing plant machine and ensure prompt repairs are carried out when required.
- Enforce the use of personal protection equipment during respective shift to prevent accidents.
- Ensure effective on-the-job training of packing plant operators.
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Shift Manager.
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- OND or its equivalent in any discipline
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and data entry software.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good housekeeping skills
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience.
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Good knowledge of the cement packing machines/ functions and procedures
- Good supervisory skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Good relationship management skills.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online