Covenant University is a growing, dynamic vision-birthed, vision driven University, founded on a Christian mission ethos and committed to pioneering excellence at the cutting edge of learning. We are driven by the compelling vision of raising a new generation of Leaders for the African Continent on the platform of a Holistic, Human Development and integrated learning curriculum, in order to raise Total Men who will go out to develop their world. Our Core-Values of Spirituality, Possibility Mentality, Capacity Building, Integrity, Responsibility, Diligence and Sacrifice are what defines our commitment to excellence.
Covenant University is a leading world-class University with a quest for Academic Excellence and a strong industry-driven research base. We seek to attract research active Academics who are ready to carve out a niche for themselves in distinguished collaborative and ground-breaking research.
In pursuit of this robust goal, the University is set to employ qualified candidates on regular, sabbatical and visiting appointments from all over the world for the position below:
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
Job Title: Professor
College: Management & Social Sciences (CMSS)
We are recruiting candidates in the departments below:
- Banking and Finance
- Business Management Programmes:
- Business Administration
- Industrial Relations and HRM
- Economics and Development Studies Programmes:
- Mass Communication
- Prospective candidates should have passionate interest in being part of a team that believes in pedagogic excellence in raising a new generation of leaders both in academic and industry.
- Candidates should possess a Ph.D Degree with specialization in the discipline applied for with evidence of academic leadership in terms of publications, project design execution and monitoring, administrative leadership etc.
- A minimum 10 years of post-qualification, full time relevant teaching and research experience.
- Candidates are required to possess appropriate skills and orientations for respective discipline as well as possess teaching abilities with adequate research experience.
Remuneration and other Conditions of Service
- Our total package is aimed at motivating faculty to being their best. The university is determined to offer all her employees, a globally-competitive, career- fulfilling package.
- This package is offered on two platforms: salary and non-salary package as indicated below;
- Salary Structure: CUASS 14
- Annual Pay: N5,596,571.00 – N6,983,566.00.
Other Perks and Why You should consider Working with us:
- We are a pension compliant Institution and in addition, the University also provides the following conditions of service:
- An encompassing and empowering (Physical, moral and spiritual) IT-driven environment with 24 hour uninterrupted electricity and water supply.
- Modern and comfortable on-campus accommodation for staff and faculty conducive to serious academic work
- Maintenance of a stable Academic calendar. Well-stocked Library with current publications (books, journals and multimedia centre); State of the art Laboratories, Workshops and specialized Facilities;
- Conference Supports and Sponsorship for both international and local conferences: Research and Development Grants; Support for continuous academic and professional development;
- Openness to international collaborations with other institutions etc.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae with the details below:
- Section (a) Personal Data:
- Name (Surname First)
- Date of Birth
- Local Government Area
- State of Origin
- Marital Status
- Number of Children
- Contact Address
- Residential Address
- Telephone Number
- E-Mail Address
- Present Position with Date
- Current Salary
- Post Applied For
- Section (b) Educational History:
- Institutions attended with Dates
- Statement of Personal Research Focus
- Institutional Academic Development Plan
- Publication and Joumals (International/Local)
- Contribution to Book (International/Local)
- Manuscript submitted for Publication
- Unpublished Conferences / Workshop Paper and Public Lectures
- Conferences attended
- B.Sc / M.Sc / Ph.D supervision
- Academic linkages
- Membership of Learned Societies and Professional Bodies
- Names and Addresses of Three Referees
- Referral Letters from (3) Referees (at least one of whom must, where appropriate, be the Head of the applicant’s current place of employment); and 2 of 3 referees should make specific statements on the competence base of the candidate’s research and academic pedigree.
- Attached set of credentials.
Candidates should forward their Application Letters, CV’s and other documentation to: [email protected]
Click here to download the Covenant University Appointments and Promotion Criteria Document (Faculty ReCite 2.0) for detailed conditions of appointments (PDF).
- The subject of your email should be “Academic Staff Vacancy (Position – College)” e.g. Academic Staff Vacancy (Professor – CMSS).
- Please note, that interested candidates who had earlier applied will be required to update their applications in line with the above.
- Applicants are advised to strictly follow the above requirements and not send in multiple applications.