Catholic Caritas Foundation of Nigeria (CCFN) also known as Caritas Nigeria, was incorporated in September, 2010, as the relief and development arm of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of Nigeria (CBCN). Caritas Nigeria is a member of Caritas Internationalis, a confederation of 162 countries providing relief and supporting human development around the world. Caritas Nigeria’s main focus of interventions are in Emergency Response & Humanitarian Services; Health (HIV/AIDS and TB) interventions; Agriculture & Livelihoods; Good Governance; Anti-human Trafficking & Irregular Migration; Institutional Development & Capacity Strengthening.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified for the position of:
Job Title: Program Assistant – Food Security, and Livelihoods
- The Program Assistant, Food Security, and Livelihoods will work closely with the Program Manager.
- The Food security assistant will be responsible for basic program implementation and reporting on programme activities to the program manager and sharing programme impact and lessons learned through analysis.
- The program assistant will monitor and manage various rules of law-related initiatives and coordinate, plan, and supervise the implementation of various awareness sessions, training sessions, litigation progress, collaborations with other CSOs/NGOs, etc.
- He or she will also provide a narrative of the results on a weekly and monthly basis to the Program Manager.
- Assist in liaising with various community stakeholders and mobilize them to ensure the full involvement of community leaders and community representatives and local government representatives in the overall implementation and improvement of project activities.
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the officer in preparing monthly, annual, and end-of-project narrative reports and other reports as required.
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project.
- Organize safe return and keeping of all equipment to the office after project implementation
- Account for all equipment under his/her section
- Alert the food Program Manager of issues raised by monitoring if the goals and objectives are achieved and non-financial grant requirements are being adhered to.
- Coordinates and Supervises Community Mobilizers/Volunteers and/or Enumerators activities.
- Report serious indiscipline to the project manager immediately
- Facilitate Post distribution monitoring and impact visits to projects site for impact assessment and success stories reporting purposes
- Proper documentation of activity reports
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members;
- Assist project teams with other activities, as requested by the immediate supervisor;
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Agriculture and other related fields
- Minimum of 2 years relevant working experience in the relevant field.
- Excellent skills in monitoring the implementation of program activities.
- Managing resources and achieving results
- Ability to write reports.
- A proven record in managing teams.
- Ability to work in partnership with local communities and other NGOs as appropriate.
Should possess good skills in:
- Strong sensitivity and respect for local cultures
- Professional manner in dealing with community members and co-workers.
- Strong listening skills combined with excellent interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills
- Possess good interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work to meet deadlines in multiple-tasking environments
- Excellent organization, planning, and analytical skills
- Good writing skills in English.
- Ability to work in a challenging and demanding environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with other implementing partners.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online