Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Program Coordinator
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
- The Accelerating Equitable Access, Acceptance, and Uptake of COVID-19 vaccines project is funded by the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation.
- The project is to advance COVID-19 mitigation and recovery in Nigeria by curbing vaccine services and strengthening accountability mechanisms for vaccine delivery.
- The project will be implemented in Kano, Kaduna, and FCT in collaboration with the Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) pillar of the COVID-19 task force, Religious groups, including the Nigeria Interfaith Action Association (NIFAA), Federation of Muslim Women’s Association of Nigeria (FOMWAN), Traditional/Community leaders’ associations, Women groups and other relevant Civil Society Organizations that are supporting similar efforts in the intervention States.
Objectives of the Project
- Increased acceptance and uptake of COVID-19 vaccines services, particularly for those underserved, by shifting norms and biases, and debunking myths and misconceptions
- Increased access to equitable quality COVID-19 vaccines services by strengthening and scaling up service delivery at the facility level
- Enhanced enabling environment for equitable access to COVID-19 vaccines.
- Provides administrative, coordination and technical support to Pathfinder International country programs. Provides ongoing support in administration, tracking, reporting, data management, and results-oriented project management to the project teams.
- Supports the organization in project and portfolio management, ensuring effective programmatic and technical support systems are utilized.
- Builds programmatic call schedules, tracks deliverable dates, tracks agreed-upon next steps and documents project management decisions, reviews deliverables, for proper presentation of materials and results, tracks deadlines and advises project managers on ensuring all donor deliverables are met and project workplans are on track.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Coordinate and support planning of meetings and activities calendar
- Prepare activity reports, meeting minutes and other relevant internal documents
- Participate in regular meetings with project teams and sub-grantees
- Represent PI at official functions and meetings associated with COVID-19 vaccine at State
- Records Retention: Manage filing, storage and tracking hardcopy and electronic content
- Processing and Filing: Sets up and maintain files and forms in compliance with PI guidelines.
- Process invoices for functional area for submission to Finance for payment
- Participate in donor compliance audits to ensure internal policies and process are followed
- Project Management and Participation: Participates on cross-functional project teams.
- Provides support to meet key internal and external deadlines and support country teams in their success at the project level.
Required Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, or a combination of education and experience that yields the minimally required key competencies.
- Professional language skills in English
- 1-2 years working in health development sector assisting non-government organization (NGO) or public-sector programs.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Recordkeeping: Foundational knowledge of organizing, filling and maintaining documents according to policy and procedures
- Database Management, Data Entry and Reporting: Foundational knowledge of data entry and creation of reports. Ability to use and maintain databases. Ability to prepare reports to support projects.
- Travel, Meetings and Events Coordination: Ability to plan and coordinate activities, events, travel and meetings.
- Data and Materials Maintenance: Ability to review, edit, update and finalize program materials.
- Data Collection: Ability to develop and format instruments for data collection for project or program according to prescribed procedures.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of assigned project and program.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Software Applications: Foundational skills using MS Office products, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Languages: Ability to speak, read and write professionally in English
- Customer Service: Highly motivated to add value in project management and administrative oversight.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills. Foundational project planning and project management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization where roles may vary slightly based on needs of the project portfolio and organization. Flexible and adaptive approach to working.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
- Travel required (less than 30%)
- Uses cellular and desk phone, laptop or desktop computer
- May serve as the program/project or functional area’s first point-of-contact for internal and external stakeholders.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Pathfinder International, Nigeria does not pay relocation allowance
- Pathfinder International is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.