Workforce Group – Our client a subsidiary of a Gas & Power company is currently pursuing a growth strategy aimed at scaling its current $500m investments across the Oil & Gas market in Africa. Their vision is to power Africa with innovative energy solutions. They have developed over 300km of gas pipeline networks in Nigeria, and they are currently delivering natural gas to about 180 industrial and commercial consumers in Nigerian and West African markets in addition to projects currently under maturation in subsectors such as Gas Distribution, Power Generation, Gas Processing and other Energy Solutions.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Executive
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Business Development
Division: Business Development (BD)
Reports to: Director, Business Development (DBD)
- They are currently looking to engage a Program Executive to drive the company’s business growth by executing new business opportunities and designing initiatives to grow revenue for the Group.
- The role has direct responsibility for maturation and execution excellence of the development of viable gas and power opportunities that meet customer needs.
- He/She will build high-performance teams and work collaboratively with cross functional teams to ensure the origination and successful execution of the business development program activities and build strategic alliances with key stakeholders including government, statutory/regulatory bodies and Strategic business partners/allies such as Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), Key Customers, Service Providers, Gas/Power Suppliers and Financiers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertakes Program Management to maximize value from the integrated (rather than individual) development of energy projects/opportunities.
- Act as Business Opportunity Manager (BOM) to mature specific energy concepts into high-profile or novel bankable projects for the company.
- PE is the Hiring Manager for BD Division and responsible for staff/team development and allocation to projects as well as internal effectiveness.
- Act as compay’s Rep in Industry bodies and as Panelist/Speaker on those platforms.
- Works internally to secure resources/buy-in and also engages external stakeholders to build alliances to support opportunity maturation.
- Keeps the Team informed of macroeconomic context/events and the impact on business development efforts.
- Provide support to BOMs (and their multidisciplinary teams) across BD on various other projects to align development work to annual or mid-term Corporate Plans/Objectives.
- The PE role is also a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Natural Gas and Power knowledge domains, markets and industry dynamics and deploys that in support of teams in BD and across the company.
- Review and critique financial models and analytical frameworks to facilitate strategic planning and support executive business decisions.
- The role also works with internal and external stakeholders to create and negotiate win-win deal structures, partnerships and innovative solutions that deliver shareholder value.
- 1st Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Economics, Finance or other related fields.
- Master’s Degree in a related field or MBA will be an added advantage.
- 12 – 15 years of cognate work experience within a reputable and structured oil, gas and power business environment.
- Experience in gas production, processing, transportation, and marketing areas as well as Power generation and distribution.
- Experience must include the technical, operational and commercial aspects of natural gas and power assets including the economic evaluation of such assets plus the related energy transactions.
- Hands-on exposure to ideation, maturation and origination of energy deals is a core requirement.
- Demonstrated knowledge of laws and regulations governing local and international oil, gas and power markets and dynamics, including a strong understanding of national/regional cultures, governance, and economies.
- Demonstrated ability to review and critique financial/economic models and other complex analyses for strategic and investment decision making.
- Proven business development experience – nurturing concepts to reality, including thorough understanding of project and corporate finance, project and program management, customer/stakeholder engagement, deal structuring and team creation and management in a fastpaced, performance-driven environment.
- For Personal specification, we are looking for a strong candidate who is creative/innovative, can deal with ambiguity, challenges status quo, defaults to solution mindset, upbeat and able to sell his/her new business ideas, projects and initiatives plus confidently engage internal and external c-suite.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online