Helen Keller International (HKI) – Established in 1915, is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 21 countries in Africa and Asia, as well as in the United States.
HKI implements integrated package of cost-effective interventions that are proven to improve maternal and child nutrition. HKI supports policies and programs on food fortification, vitamin A supplementation, infant and young child feeding, nutrition-sensitive agriculture, community-based management of acute malnutrition and prevention and treatment of neglected tropical diseases. At the core of HKI’s programs is advocacy and social behavior change communication to various stakeholders. HKI also undertakes cutting-edge research to influence policy decisions and inform program quality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Intern
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Internship
Key Position Responsibilities
- The Program Intern will be responsible for supporting the implementation of USAID Advancing Nutrition programs and will be domiciled in Abuja.
- H/She will get oversight from the Senior program officer.
Key responsibilities and level of effort include:
- Analysis and Reporting
- Monitor database management efforts, compile and verify historical program data
- Create visuals with Excel and other data visualization platforms
- Conduct relevant contextual research as needed.
- Prepare and process relevant accounting forms such as invoices, wire transfer requests, expense reimbursements, and complete credit card reconciliations in a timely manner
- Prepare and process relevant procurement documents including selection memos, and purchase orders.
- Liaise with field staff and State Coordinators to develop case studies and success stories, as well as support department and program social media presence
- Develop and maintain document management systems.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Pursuing or holds a Bachelor’s Degree, or pursuing a Master’s Degree in Public Health or related field
- Six months to two years of professional or international development experience
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team, especially cross-cultural, to meet program needs
- Monitoring and evaluation, data management and analysis skills required
- Experience with CorelDRAW, Photoshop, PowerBI, and other data collection and/or visualization platforms preferred
- Experience conducting research and synthesizing findings
- Ability to manage diverse activities and supervisors, meet competing deadlines, and have flexibility in changing situations and priorities
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
Application Closing Date
15th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.