The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organization of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Officer – M & E (ECOSOCC)
Requisition ID: 1492
Reports to: Head-Projects & Partnerships Unit
Directorate / Department: ECOSOCC
Division: Programmes Division
Number of Direct Reports: 1
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: P2
Contract Type: Regular
Purpose of Job
- Provide technical support and advise in coordinating all monitoring and evaluation activities for ECOSOCC projects and programs to ensure successful implementation in line with set objectives.
- Assist in the following up on the activities of the Organ including monitoring and evaluating progress made in line with relevant project implementation plan as well as the ECOSOCC strategic plan.
- Conduct analysis and generate accurate reports in a timely manner in support of programs implementation.
- Coordinate stakeholder’s relationship with regard to implementation of ECOSOCC programs and projects.
- Assist in drafting reports and participate in the preparation of budget and work programmes related to the functioning of the Program Division
- Provide technical support in M&E to internal and external stakeholders.
- Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Head of Programs Division and the direct supervision of the Head-Projects & Partnerships Unit, the Officer’s specific responsibilities revolve around the following tasks:
- Support the roll out and implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation Framework of the ECOSOCC strategic plan as well as the African Union medium Term Plan. This includes the development of standard tools, systems and procedures for efficient data collection and reporting.
- Ensure the alignment of M & E systems, tools and processes with the M & E Framework, Tools and Processes.
- Participate in the review, updating and modernization of the planning, monitoring and evaluation systems and tools.
- Support the development of project proposals by reviewing and ensuring causal logic throughout the results chain and that indicators and objectives pass the SMART and CREAM criteria
- Facilitate reporting to the AU Organs, RECs, Member States and project partners.
- Support needs assessment and roll out of capacity building initiatives relating to M & E principles and techniques, Results Based Management, Use of Standardized Tools, Processes and procedures.
- Follow-up on the activities related to the implementation of the capacity building in ECOSOCC projects and programs.
- Assist in preparing Monitoring and Evaluation reports of the Departmental work plans and Annual program budgets.
- Assist in monitoring the design and implementation of extra-budgetary project resources to ensure transparency and accountability to donors and other partners.
- Service meetings where issues of Monitoring and Evaluation, capacity building, and programme management are discussed.
- Develop recommendation for improved program implementation particularly from an M&E perspective;
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Economics, Statistics, Development Studies, Demography or Public Finance.
- At least 5 (five) years of relevant work experience in the fields of Strategic Planning, Programme Management and Monitoring Evaluation within an international organization, with particular reference to the African situation.
- Computer knowledge is a must especially in MS-Excel and Statistical Data software’s OR
- A University Masters Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Economics, Statistics, Development Studies, Demography or Public Finance.
- At least 2 (two) years of relevant work experience at a specialist level in the fields of Strategic Planning, Programme Management and Monitoring Evaluation within an international organization, with particular reference to the African situation.
- Computer knowledge is a must especially in MS-Excel and Statistical Data software’s.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work across business units / geographies; cultural sensitive environment
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (English, French, Arabic, Portuguese or Spanish), fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
- Change Management..
- Managing Risk
- Teamwork and Collaboration;
- Accountability awareness and Compliance;
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating with Influence:
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Job Knowledge and information sharing..
- Drive for Results
- Continuous Improvement Focus
Tenure Of Appointment
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period.
- Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage.
Indicative basic salary of USD31,073.00 (P2 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (57% of basic salary), a Housing allowance of USD21,832.68 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of USD10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Application Closing Date
6th December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
- The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Gender Mainstreaming: The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.