ImpactHER is an impact driven nonprofit organization that seeks to empower African female entrepreneurs by bridging the gender business financing gap so as to help African female entrepreneurs realize their full economic potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project and Event Lead
- We are looking for an experienced Project and Event Lead to manage our company’s new and ongoing projects.
- As a project manager, you will be required to coordinate people and processes to ensure that our projects are delivered on time and produce the desired results.
- You will be working closely with your team members to ensure that all project requirements, deadlines, and schedules are on track.
- You will be required to submit project deliverables, prepare status reports, and establish effective project communication and execution plans.
Event Planning and Management:
- Coordinating with cross-discipline team members to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- Plan events from start to finish according to requirements, target audience, financials, objectives and time constraints.
- Come up with suggestions to enhance the event’s budgets and ensure adherence.
- Manage all pre-event planning, guest speakers and delegates packs
- Negotiating sponsorship deals, developing event feedback surveys and handling post event report.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation and work plans.
- Meeting with project team members to identify and resolve issues.
- Submitting project deliverables and ensuring that they adhere to quality standards.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress of all projects within the
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Perform risk management to project risks
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to the management about strategy, adjustments, and progress of each event.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in any related field.
- 2 years of experience as event coordinator/ project management or similar role
- Proven experience in project management.
- Strong understanding of formal project management methodologies
- Portfolio of successful events
- Able to complete projects in a timely manner
- Proficient in MS Office
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Solid skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.