International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental andnon-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for thebenefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Assistant (MHPSS / Protection)
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
SVN No.: SVN2021.093
IOM Classification: G5
Organizational Unit: MHPSS
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the overall supervision of the MHPSS/Protection Programme Manager and the direct supervision of the Protection officer, and closely coordinating with the Protection, MHPSS and Counter Trafficking Project officers.
- The successful candidates’ primary role will be to support the implementation of MHPSS/Protection activities related to Strengthening Law Enforcement Response Services and Accountability to Gender Based Violence in North East and North Central Nigeria (Phase II) in Plateau, Kaduna and Niger States , including overall administrative functions, coordination, reporting and logistics support. In particular, he/she will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Create and maintain a proper documentation system and filling of the project administrative and financial documents.
- Coordinate and organize field missions and capacity building activities in the 3 States.
- Consolidate and provide weekly inputs on activities carried out by updating relevant databases and tracking systems.
- Coordinate purchase requests, purchase order, payroll, requests for payments, and any other related administrative tasks; verify tracking system is functional covering all sub offices in Nigeria.
- Coordinate and monitor the operational planning and implementation of key services delivered.
- Assist in identifying and monitoring external expertise required for assessments, project reviews, strategic planning, capacity building initiatives and evaluations.
- Verify compliance with IOM and donor requirements including guidelines, rules, and regulations, such as the field procurement manual and report any non-compliance.
- Undertake duty travel when necessary in challenging areas.
- Assist with data entry when necessary.
- Perform such other duties as may be required
- University Degree from accredited institutions in Social sciences, social work and community services, Law and Humanitarian Law, Development studies or in related field; or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience.
- Minimum of one year of professional experience in administrative, coordination, financial management, budgetingand capacity building functions within the humanitarian field.
- Open and positive attitude;
- Genuine care and respect for needs of others, practically vulnerable populations with strong belief in empowering marginalized and disenfranchised people.
- High integrity and willingness to conduct herhimself transparently and open to scrutiny.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; ability to work under pressure, with minimal supervision, and in a culturally diverse team
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with local staff and other stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Ability to independently carry out tasks, proactivity, ability to multi-task, and to prioritize.
- Knowledge of social and development issues in Nigeria, particularly within area of responsibility.
- S/he must be vast in Hausa, Kanuri and Fulani.
- Excellent writing Skills
- Fluency in English and French (oral and written)., Working knowledge in one or more national languages
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station and within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, confirmation of all documents, and security clearances.
Application Closing Date
29th December, 2021.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2021.093 Niger. Project Assistant (MHPSS/Protection) , G5.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.