Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a not – for – profit, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) that was founded in 2004 by Josephine Ogazi and Joseph Egwuonwu. WEWE started out as a Community Based Organisation (CBO) with the aim of providing scholarships and economic empowerment to orphans and widows in Okigwe, Imo State and has since expanded its aims and objectives. WEWE is registered as a national NGO with CAC under incorporated trustees and its registration number is CAC/IT/NO33132.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Driver Volunteer
- Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
The Rivers State Surge Project is being implemented by the Institute of Human Virology of Nigeria (IHVN) in Rivers State. Funding for this project is from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDs Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Government Agency overseeing the project is the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Provide support in the following:
- Assist in Driving project vehicle for official duties or as requested by management.
- Assist in ensure timely conveyance of staff for official duties as instructed by supervisor.
- Ensure punctuality and safe driving practices are adhered to according to WEWE and CDC/IHVN standards and regulations to both staff and guests.
- Ensure that project vehicles are strictly used for official duties.
- Ensure you arrive your destination on or before 6 PM on a trip. Where this is not achieved, make plans to pass the night somewhere safe, till the next morning.
- Ensure that the project vehicle is always cleaned and maintained in line with WEWE/CDC/IHVN rules and regulations.
- Work with the mechanic to ensure that project vehicle is serviced as at when due.
- Assist admin in picking up official documents from courier services.
- Assist admin in project vehicle paper renewal.
- Ensure project vehicles are re-fuelled after 75% is utilized.
- Ensure pre and post fuel check every day
- Ensure project vehicles are functional by servicing regularly to avoid engine break down and ensure vehicle is kept secure, clean, tidy and in good working condition at all times
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A minimum of WAEC / SSCE is required
- Trade Test in Driving & Mechanic (FED. MIN. OF LABOUR & PRODUCTIVITY)
- Highway code and other trainings attended
- Valid Driver’s License/Competence Technical Certificate
- Minimum of 1 year’ cognitive experience
- Good knowledge of computer skills
- Ability to understand and follow road safety, security procedures and road signs
Deadline: 7th April, 2020
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails / mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees.
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.