Netcom has been Nigeria’s leading Internet Service Provider since 2004, staying ahead of the competition with cutting edge platforms in VSAT, WIMAX, Radio, and Fiber technology. Now, a pioneer in Business Transformation Solutions, we empower organizations to lead their market space by keeping pace with the rapid changes in IT innovations, ensuring relevance to specific business initiatives required to maximize revenue generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Implementation Engineer
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- The Project implementation engineer will be grounded in both systems administration and network engineering.
- The incumbent will oversee full project life cycle from the implementation stage to handing over and must be able to demonstrate hands-on experience in delivering various projects in the IT sector.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and implement future network developments and carry out project works.
- Design, setup and configure unified communications, VoIP, IPTV, CCTV and other IP Services and complex switching environments.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking and Wide Area Networking.
- Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Ensure implementation projects are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Timely preparation and release of engineering project proposals (e.g. BoM, network diagrams and purchase requests).
- Manage internal, vendor / partner / 3rd party resources for project deployment.
- Interpret client’s requirements, identifying and addressing design parameters and engineering problems and ensuring solutions are implemented.
- Ensure that all projects are well documented and organized.
- Complete all assigned tasks as delegated by the management.
Experience, Education and / or Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics / Communications / Network / Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years project management experience related to internet/managed services provider.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Vendor equipment certification: CISCO, Sophos, Fortinet, Avaya, Mikrotik and other IT / Networking equipment.
- Project Management Professional.
Essential Skills / Knowledge:
- Technical, analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills required
- Excellent IT / Computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office software, other company, and specific software applications)
- Experience with IP Networking (WAN / LAN), VoIP technology and Fiber Optic Network skills. At least with CCNA and / or CCDA certification
- Strong knowledge on project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices.
- Strong organizational skills, effective leadership skills and confident decision-making ability.
- Patience and the ability to deal with people.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company.
- Availability in response to needs of the internal or customer for installation, maintenance, and equipment malfunctions.
- Willing to perform work or support outside office hour.
- Highly motivated and resourceful.
- Must be a team player and be able to prioritize different request and requirements.
Desirable Skills / Knowledge
- Equipment vendor certification and knowledge: CISCO, Ubiquiti, Sophos, Fortinet, Mikrotik, Avaya, Dragonwave.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online