First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager (Architecture)
Job Identification: 345
Job Schedule: Full time
- End-to-end management (plan, implement, manage, evaluate and review) of branch development projects such as expansion, relocation and renovation within stipulated deadlines and cost
- Preparation and vetting of architectural drawings/models of branches for the bank’s requirements.
- Preparation of preliminary and working drawings for new service outlets (ATM and branch)
- Preparation of consultant’s brief for special projects for the bank and group at large.
- Supervision of on-going construction projects – new branch buildings, relocation projects and adaptation projects amongst other construction projects
- Prequalification and engagement of consultants and contractors for design as well as construction works.
- Coordination of the activities of external consultants (architects, structural engineers, electrical engineers and mechanical engineers) on bank’s special projects.
- Ensure provision of a conducive physical working environment (space, furniture etc.) for the Bank’s employees and executives to facilitate optimal performance.
- Preparation of detailed progress and cost tracking reports – weekly, monthly and quarterly.
- Facilitate the seamless handover of completed projects to the end users
- Endorsement/preparation of practical completion certificate for construction and remodeling projects.
- Carrying out quality assurance of completed projects.
- Coordination of new design model development for service outlets
- Preparation of material specification used in construction projects.
- Vetting/interpretation of architectural design/structural drawings and bill of quantities in site construction of branches and endowment projects.
- Enlightening contractors on bank’s policies and specifications on construction projects
- Investigation/appraisal of existing site/buildings prior to design/development for branches or other bank use.
- Vetting/approval of subordinates’ design proposals for construction purpose
- Coordination of subordinates’ work schedules for optimal work delivery
- Assigning of jobs to subordinates for resolution with close supervision.
- Ensure that bank operations follow established procedures, policies, regulations and codes as it affect projects and maintenance matter
- Minimum Education: HND/B.Sc in Architecture; M.Sc in Architecture.
- Membership of relevant Professional /Regulatory body, Higher Degree (an added advantage).
- Minimum experience – 4 years relevant experience needed.