The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) is the government agency with the mandate to coordinate the surveillance, detection and response to infectious disease outbreaks. Over the last three years, NCDC has deployed a new tool for disease surveillance. The Surveillance, Outbreak Response Management and Analysis System (SORMAS) is a system jointly developed between the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control and the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI) to improve disease surveillance as well as detection and management of outbreaks and thus strengthen the public health service in Nigeria.
In delivering on our mandate to lead the preparedness, detection and response to infectious diseases outbreak and public health emergencies, the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) intends to enhance its surveillance System through the Pan Respiratory Disease Surveillance (PRDS) Project.
In this regard, and in compliance with the PPA 2007, the Centre in collaboration with United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC) is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Project Manager
Scope of Work
The services to be rendered include the following:
- Coordinates implementation of the PRDS project and implementation of project-related activities.
- Develops program description and terms of reference for all program activities in the PRDS Project.
- Maps existing respiratory disease surveillance, data management systems, and interoperability through desk review, personal interviews, visits to States and local government health leadership, health facilities, laboratories; and communities.
- Reviews and operationalizes findings and recommendations from the One Health Zoonotic Disease Prioritization workshop.
- Develops integrated case investigation forms for respiratory diseases, configure to SORMAS and support deployment to relevant sectors.
- Coordinates the development, review, finalization, dissemination and operationalization of the national guideline for PRDS in Nigeria.
The applicant must possess the following:
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or Epidemiology, with at least eight (8) years post-qualification experiences as an Epidemiologist M&E or public health research practice;
- Excellent English Writing and Communication Skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Sound time management skills and capacity to balance competing priorities;
- Work well in a team environment and able to work independently;
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively to meet deadlines;
- Strong computers skills including expertise in Word, Power point, and other relevant computer packages and platforms.
Application Closing Date
Friday; 19th August, 2022 (on or before 12 noon).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should provide their best offer and respond to this request in a sealed envelope with the Name and Address written boldly at the back of the envelope.
This is to be submitted at the following address:
Nigeria Centre for Disease Control,
Plot 801, Ebitu Ukiwe Street,
Attention: The Head (Procurement), CC: Head (Human Resources)
Opening of Submission:
- The proposals submitted will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission, at the Office of Head (Procurement), Procurement Office NCDC Headquarters, Ground floor, in the presence of the applicants or their representatives.
- The submission must be in English Language and signed by the applicant;
- Submission made after the deadline for submission shall be returned un-opened.