9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager, RAN
Job ID: IRC4805
- Project Manager, RAN Projects (Packet Switch Core Base Station Subsystems): Responsible for e2eproject management on procurement, installation, commissioning, integration, acceptance and testing of Packet Switch Core & Base station sub-systems which includes, but not limited to; PS Core, 2G, 3G and 4G RAN network elements based on Work plans from planning Department.
- Coordinate RAN projects initiation from Capex Justification or Business case stage and seeking executive budget approvals up to generating project charter for sign-off by major stakeholders.
- Obtain and review of technical site surveys at new and existing sites to ensure RFI status for CS Core & BSS technical projects and provide the reports as outcome to trigger necessary action in accordance with the project requirements.
- Develop, maintain and effectively execute project plans throughout project lifecycle in accordance with 9mobile project management methodologies.
- Manage the scope of the project, taking into consideration dependencies such as the core network, SAQ, Civil works, Power, transmission connectivity, inter-shelter infrastructure etc.
- Provide equipment layout for all Core/BSS network project locations taking into consideration the use of installation space, power and cooling
- Create and maintain a project schedule including activity definition, sequence, dependencies, work effort, duration and associated resource requirements
- Facilitate Project kick-off meetings and manage internal and external expectations in line with project critical success factors.
- Define, negotiate, communicate, implement and monitor quality standards on all project deliverables
- Identify, analyse, prioritize, mitigate and communicate project risks throughout project lifecycle and proposal/estimating phases.
- Communicate project status, risk, and escalated issues at project governance meetings
- Coordinate acceptance process with Network Operation team and ensure final sign off of all PATs/RFS certificates
- Track all new shelter delivery with civil designs team to ensure effective implementation of core and VAS nodes
- Ensure all Shelters carry alarm boxes to ensure effective termination of external alarms with MGW/BSC nodes
- Coordinate PAT for all CS Core & BSS Network elements deployed, facilitate snags clearance where applicable and ensure proper handover to the Network operation team; confirm RFS, PAC status based on actual project deliverables and perform project closure activities when all project objectives have been accomplished.
- Prepare project progress report for the project governance meeting by means of periodic project meetings with stakeholders and where necessary, project site visitation to gather data and provide management with up to date reports.
- Audit EMTS sites and Data Centres hosting relevant CS Core & BSS nodes to ensure availability of space, power and cooling for future expansion/upgrade. Where constraints are observed, solutions are proffered in coordination with relevant functional departments within technical Division.
- Maintain and regularly update a database of all CS Core & BSS network elements deployed across the network.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with equipment vendors as well as coordinate deployment activities between vendors and internal stakeholders in terms of roll out materials planning, project scheduling, risk and database management.
- Development of processes & procedures for handling the implementation of all CS Core &BSS node deployment projects.
- Relate closely with the Turnkey Roll out, Civil design and M&E implementation/Operation teams and come up with the schedules for site infrastructure readiness as it affects CS Core & BSS network implementation
- Keep abreast of global and local project management best practices as it relates to CS Core& BSS network equipment deployment, technological advancements, interoperability and backward integration with older technology.
- Prepare E2E Project Management documentation (Charter, Project Scope Statement, PMP, Quality reports, etc.) from concept phase to project closure.
- First Degree or equivalent in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or relevant discipline.
- Minimum of Five years post NYSC relevant work experience
- Must have knowledge of project management methodologies and be able to simultaneously employ project management best practices in tracking the day to day running of several on-going projects.
- Must be able to prepare and present technical site survey and project status/milestone reports in recommended formats.
- Must have good understanding of BSS core network architecture and signaling/traffic flow for various Network elements involved.
- Must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of 2G/3G RAN technologies; including BSC/TC/PCU and RNC connectivity to the PS & CS Core network elements as well as backhaul access technology.
- Must have good computer skills in handling MS Office packages such as MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Visio etc.
- Understanding of IP technology and core and BSS network interfaces is a prerequisite.
- Ability to foresee project risks, analyze and solve critical network deployment issues as well as manage several stakeholders in a multi-vendor environment.
- Basic knowledge of transmission networks and the dependency/requirements for integration of core network elements.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online