9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager, Transmission Projects
Job ID: IRC4804
- Project Manager, Transmission Projects: Responsible for e2e project management on procurement, installation, commissioning, integration, acceptance and testing of Transmission backhaul infrastructure such as Fibre Optics (Backbone, metro, lastmiles, inter-shelter tie), Microwave links (Longhaul and Access),Multiplexers (DWDM, OTN, SDH) etc.
- Coordinate Transmission projects initiation from Capex Justification or Business case stage and seeking executive budget approvals up to generating project charter for sign-off by major stakeholders.
- Maintain clear understanding of Contract Payment terms with records of payments made out to vendors to ensure projects spends are within approved budgets
- Present an updated weekly progress report for ongoing Transmission projects at Project Governance& NETDEP meetings.
- Be part of the evaluation team for RFQ submissions from vendors for Transmission projects.
- Review project documents (Survey reports, BOQs, Technical specifications, Scope of work, Acceptance Tests criteria etc.) handed over from the planning team to ensure there are clearly aligned with the realities in the field.
- Review Right of Way (ROW) documents to ensure that the conditions given for such permits by the relevant government agency are not outside of the project scope.
- Ensure that dependencies such as Shelter space, power requirements/upgrade, cable tray etc. at Fibre terminating sites are clearly identified prior to project commencement.
- Create and maintain a project schedule including activity definition, sequence, dependencies, work effort, duration and associated resource requirements
- Facilitate Project kick-off meetings and manage internal and external expectations in line with project critical success factors.
- Define, negotiate, communicate, implement and monitor quality standards on all project deliverables
- Identify, analyse, prioritize, mitigate and communicate project risks throughout project lifecycle and proposal/estimating phases.
- Provide clear timelines for the completion of various milestones in the Project Implementation Plan.
- Communicate project status, risk, and escalated issues at project governance meetings
- Coordinate acceptance process with Network Operation team and ensure final sign off of all PATs/RFS certificates
- Ensure prompt escalation of identified project risks to appropriate resolver teams such as GRAD, SAQ, Security, Legal, Operations, Planning etc. and adequate follow up till issues are resolved.
- Review the quality reports from Quality Assurance Consultants when such are used, to ensure highlighted snags are cleared by the vendor.
- Support technical and other EMTS business units in delivering any transmission related tasks. E.g. Enterprise projects, Lease lines, etc.
- Maintain pictures of equipment installation and ODF state as at the time of project hand-over to the operations team.
- Maintain a copy of As-Built drawings/documentation in soft and hard copies for Transmission projects executed.
- Maintain route maps and records showing actually deployed distances.
- Maintain OTDR traces and Power Metre Test results for completed Fibre Projects.
- Maintain a copy of signed-off PAT documents, Job Completion Certificate (JCC) for completed Transmission projects.
- Prepare E2E Project Management documentation (Charter, Project Scope Statement, PMP, Quality reports, etc.) from concept phase to project closure.
- First Degree or equivalent in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or relevant discipline.
- Minimum of Five years post NYSC relevant work experience
- Must have knowledge of project management methodologies and be able to simultaneously employ project management best practices in tracking the day to day running of several on-going projects.
- Must be able to prepare and present technical site survey and project status/milestone reports in recommended formats.
- Must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Optical Transmission technologies; including SDH, WDM and DWDM (OLA, ROADM, FOADM) etc.
- Must have adequate understanding of Alarms related to failures along Optical and MW Transmission systems.
- Must have good computer skills in handling MS Office packages such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio etc.
- Ability to foresee project risks, analyse and solve critical network deployment issues as well as manage several stakeholders in a multi-vendor environment.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online