Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Supply Chain Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Type of Contract: 4 month fixed term
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Defining, coordinating and monitoring the supply chain activities in the project according to MSF proto-cols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the optimal running of the project
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the Supply Chain Coordinator or Logistics Coordinator, planning, establishing and reviewing the supply activities in the project including its budget, in order to identify and optimize the response to the needs of the mission and the targeted population
- Monitoring and ensuring the efficient and smooth running of the following supply activities in the project: order processing, local purchase management, physical (warehousing) and administrative (management of movements) stock management, freight management, supply administration and implementation of standard supply tools (Unifield, Q4, etc.)
- Ensuring the availability of relevant management data to the owners of the stock, project and capital coordination (expired drugs, risk of shortages, stock reports, lead time, pipeline, etc.).
- Managing the supply team in the project, and in collaboration with the PC, Supply Chain Co or LogCo and the HRCo, participating in the planning and implementation of HR associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the staff under his / her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all supply activities
- Participating in monthly reporting according to guidelines
- In collaboration with the Logistics/ Supply Chain Coordinator, Supply Chain Team Leader defining the Transport and Customs related procedures and planning the annual budget for Transport and Customs activities in order to identify and optimize the response to the needs of the mission and the targeted population.
- Monitoring the implementation of the Transport and Customs related procedures ensuring compliance with MSF standards, protocols and procedures. This includes the following:
- Ensuring the clearing of goods and managing relations and customs regulations with clearing/forwarding agents, government and transporters. Collecting market information and updates on transport related issues and advising the supply unit, coordination and other actors on customs regulations and constrains. Conducting field visits to ensure understanding and communication between different actors
- Planning and organizing transport with freight companies, managing Transit Go Down Stock and following and communicating all transport activities of the goods. Preparing assembles and monitoring the validity of all transport related documents (Freight Manifest, Release Notes, donation/gift certificate, Packing list, invoice, etc.) and ensuring that signed transport documents are returned with signature.
- Organizing deliveries / transport to the field according to their priority in terms of needs and being in charge of loading and offloading of trucks, ensuring that an MSF representative is present
- Ensuring transport invoices are validated and sent to Project Supply Manager/Project Coordinator for signature and forwarded to Finance for payment
- Analysing and managing any claims with suppliers or clients and payments to be kept on hold.
- Advising the finance department on time
- Participating in the validation of freight companies and clearing agents and facilitating and following up duty and tax exemptions.
- Preparing transport contracts.
- Ensuring technical support and providing coaching to staff under his/her responsibility.
- Providing standardized/template transport documents and guidelines
- In collaboration with the LogCo and HRCo, participating in the planning and implementation of HR associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all supply activities pertaining to his area
- Preparing monthly report of indicators (figures, graphs and charts), providing quarterly analyses and participating in monthly Sitrep according to management guidelines
- Performing delegated tasks according to his/her speciality and as specified in his/her job description
- Essential Degree and specialization in Logistics/Supply Chain is an asset
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in supply chain
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- People Management and Development, Commitment to MSF Principles, Behaviour Flexibility, Result and Quality Orientation, Team work and Cooperation.
Application Closing Date
11th August, 2022 (5pm).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV with Cover Letter and Copies of all Certificates and Diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated Contact details and ID
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.