International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental andnon-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for thebenefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Support Consultant for IOM Nigeria DTM Programme
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Consultant ( 10 Months)
CFCV No.: CFCV2022/17
IOM Classification : Consultant
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Working under the overall supervision of the DTM Programme Coordinator based in Maiduguri; and the direct supervision of the Public Information Officer based in Abuja, the consultant will provide his/her technical support to a radio project under “Enhancing displacement and mobility needs tracking, inter-sectorial needs assessment and monitoring displaced populations in Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe (BAY) States”. In particular, the Consultant will:
- Finalize the framework for action and roll out related to the project
- Engage in project advocacy with MoI, IOM, HCWG and AAP CE WG prior to roll out
- Engage with all actors in the initial roll-out and implementation of the project
- Ensure monthly calls with partners to finalize monthly radio show agenda
- Conduct monthly progress checks, and ensure status reports written include details on progress, funds spent and further actions.
- Ensure broadcast of radio programs on state radio every two weeks covering key issues in humanitarian response and gathering feedback from affected people.
- Ensure delivery of 20 one-hour episodes for state radio across the states of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe.
- Determine the program content in collaboration with the Ministry of Information and Culture, AAP/CE WG, HCWG and HCT partners.
- Collect feedback on the delivery and impact of radio programmes.
- Use the existing feedback mechanism to collect feedback from affected people.
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the project based on means of verification and targets set.
Performance Indicators for the Evaluation of Results:
- Number of radio programmes produced and broadcasted, according to the timeline Percentage of 2021 MSNA respondents who report receiving information in a preferred language other than Hausa
- Number of reports submitted on time (one per month), 10 in total
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism and/or Community Engagement Methods or a related field from an Accredited Academic Institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in supporting humanitarian response operations is required.
- Experience in supporting the north-east Nigeria humanitarian response is desirable.
- Knowledge of community engagement practices especially involving vulnerable and crisis-affected populations is required.
- Knowledge of approaches to accountability to affected people is required.
- Familiarity with existing community engagement modalities in north-east Nigeria, particularly complaints and feedback mechanisms, is an advantage.
- Experience in supporting inter-agency coordination efforts to strengthen accountability, such as through a multi-stakeholder working group, is an advantage.
- Excellent reporting and analytical skills required. Experience with donor reporting and/or reporting on community engagement practices.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- IT literate
- Fluency in English – knowledge of multiple / Local languages advantageous.
- Travel within Borno, Adamawa and Yobe States as required.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity – respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency – maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism – demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioural Indicators:
- Teamwork – develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results – produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge – continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability – takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication – encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Application Closing Date
8th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to fill application form
Send Application Letter and CV to: [email protected] using “CFCV2022/17 Maiduguri. Consultant (DTM -Project Support)” as the subject of the mail.
- For the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts Applications with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM), and with a subject line CFCV2022/17 Maiduguri. Consultant (DTM -Project Support)
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).