Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Psychologist
Locations: Maiduguri, Borno and Potiskum, Yobe
Direct Line Manager: Nutrition and Health Programme Manager
Slot: 2 Openings
- Action Against Hunger is looking to fill the role of a Psychologist who will identify and implement relevant and innovative quality MHCP interventions, respecting ACF strategy, ACF and international standards and national policies.
- Guarantee the confidentiality of clinical interviews/ individual or group counselling with the psychologists in charge;
- Develop/contribute to the capitalization of the programme data and documentation of the innovations carried out;
- Ensure the implementation of projects consistent with the ACF charter, the ACFIN 2015 strategic framework, the Policies (MHCP and other ACF sectors), positioning documents, the national strategy and other legal texts of the technical ministry/ministries in charge of the sector, the key international documents of the sector (SPHERE, IASC and WHO Standards, etc..);
- Promote the transversal integration of the MHCP sector with the other sectors in collaboration with the Field Coordinator;
- Ensure the implementation of the complaint mechanisms focusing on the transparency and ethics of projects in particular with assisted populations;
- Monitor of programme implementation through means of internal APR monitoring tools, his/her regular presence in the field, an updated chronogram, monthly analysis of budgetary monitoring.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology / Psychological Counselling and Post Graduate Degree in Psychology or Public Health or related course is an added advantage;
- Experience in detection and Management of Mental Health Conditions in Health care settings
- Good Knowledge in DSM 5 Manual & MH GAP Guidelines;
- Experience in MHPSS training;
- Experience in work with NGO`s & INGOs;
- Capacity to organize & conduct workshops & trainings;
- Good supervision & reporting skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Good command of English and Hausa languages (both written and spoken);
- Computer skills (word, excel, PowerPoint, statistics software…).
Minimum Basic Salary
NGN 339,448 per month.
Application Closing Date
11th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply