Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Purchaser
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
- Calculate figures for food inventories, orders, and costs. Maintain clear and organized records to ensure all reports and invoices are filed and stored properly. Post invoices using computer programs. Conduct inventory audits to determine inventory levels and needs. Complete requisition forms for inventory and supplies.
- Notify manager/supervisor of low stock levels. Verify and track received inventory and complete inventory reports and logs. Reconcile shipping invoices and receiving reports to ensure count accuracy.
- Receive, unload, and process deliveries. Refuse acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items. Troubleshoot vendor delivery issues and oversee return process.
- Adhere to food safety and handling policies and procedures across all food-related areas. Monitor PAR levels for all food items to ensure proper levels.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications. Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print). Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects).
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces. Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Application Closing Date