Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Purchasing Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Type of Contract: 6 month fixed term, renewable
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Performing the day to day purchasing activities in a particular supply office (coordination or project level) according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the mission/ project
- Performing on a day to day basis the purchasing activities of a supply office, analysing market sources and competitive pricing conditions among different suppliers in order to ensure an ongoing supply of goods, following the procurement procedures and according to MSF standards and protocols. Including the following activities:
- Constantly assessing the local market, seeking products and suppliers that offer the best value for money and negotiating prices in order to guarantee the best quality and pricing for MSF goods and commodities. Regularly updating the supplier-item-price data on the supply office and informing the Supply (Activity) Supervisor / Logistics Supervisor of all information or modifications to the data i.e. price, address, items available
- At the request of the line manager, obtaining different quotations from suppliers according to the MSF Purchasing policy and placing purchase orders to pre-selected suppliers with whom prices have been agreed
- Requesting invoices or receipts, without delay, for all purchases, checking they are correctly filled and translating information written in local language before approval
- Managing the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchases: completing purchase orders, checking delivery notes (against orders), managing advances issued by the Finance Department, etc. Updating information on purchase lists after purchases are made
- Assisting in reception control process with the storekeeper
- Performing delegated tasks according to his / her activity and as specified in his/her job description
- Assisting the supply chain supervisor in receiving goods at transport & goods reception confirmation.
- Support in goods transhipment from coordination to projects by preparing all necessary freight documents
- Performing purchasing duties on specific assignments at project level to Maiduguri, Bauchi and Ngala.
- Essential diploma in Supply Chain Management, commerce related studies desirable.
- Essential 2 year working experience in supply chain related jobs.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Result and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behaviour flexibility, Service Orientation, Stress Management.
Application Closing Date
16th September, 2021at 17h00.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV with cover letter and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.