B&Q Dredging Limited (BQD), a subsidiary of Nestoil Group is a wholly Nigerian Company, that provides all facets of dredging & marine logistics services of global standard. BQD employs a multinational management team and a staff complement of over 130 highly motivated and experienced Nigerians to provide dredging, flood and erosion control, shoreline protection and consolidation, canalization, urban Renewal and reclamation to National & Sub-National Governments; Government Agencies, Energy, Construction, and Oil & Gas industries.
At Nestoil, we’re on an evolutionary journey where we’re changing our story. We are looking to hire an experienced candidate to join our diverse team in our Dredging Company within the capacity below
Job Title: QHSE Lead
- In this role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing organizational safety programs and you will oversee all Quality, Safety & Environment related issues.
As a QHSE Lead you will be responsible for:
- Preparing a Quality and Safety Management framework and driving implementation across the company.
- Conducting a detailed risk assessment and proposing how all identified risk could be reduced.
- Outlining safe operational procedures which will identify and take account of all relevant hazards/aspects.
- Establishing and ensuring implementation of the QHSE management system in the company.
- Establishing QHSE plan including QHSE policy, and continuously improving it.
- Advise on the set up of the improvement guidelines for QHSE Management system.
- Establishing QHSE audit program, schedule and performing the QHSE audit of the business in line with Group Cooperate QHSE team.
- Monitoring the QHSE system activities in the company.
- Coordinating and overseeing the Safety and Training of crew onboard the dredgers and staff of the company.
- Coordinating and communicating with Executive management on Quality, Safety and Environment issues in the company.
- Producing, developing and implementing the QHSE training plan for the company.
- Enforcing the QHSE management system compliance and process improvement.
- Attending and participating in QHSE related meetings and accident investigations when required.
- Controlling and managing third party subcontractors, regulators and related agencies like Ministry of Labour & Productivity (Factories Act), NIMASA etc., where necessary.
- Participating in medium/low potential incident/near miss investigations.
- Training all staff on QHSE requirements to minimize incidents.
- Ensuring all QHSE statutory and regulatory certifications/licenses are up to date.
What are we looking for?
- A Degree in Engineering studies or Environmental Science courses
- Must be NEBOSH certified and member of ISPON
- Member of the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria
- ISO Internal/Lead Auditor
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience as a Safety Professional within the Oil & Gas or Marine industry and minimum of 3 years’ team lead role in QHSE
- High level of English language (Written and spoken) and must be able to communicate effectively with non-English and English-speaking crews on issues related to QHSE
- Hazard identification and risk management skills
- Highly motivated and the ability to work under tight deadlines
- Proficient in basic computer skills, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Office tools etc.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online