54gene is a health technology company advancing the state of healthcare through large-scale discovery and translational research, advanced molecular diagnostics, and inclusive clinical programs for the benefit of Africans and the global population. Founded in 2019, 54gene utilizes human genetic data derived from diverse African populations, to improve the development, availability, and efficacy of medical products and diagnostics that will prove beneficial to Africans and the wider global population.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Manager, Epidemiological / Health Research Studies
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Department: Research Operations
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: Senior Director, Research Operations
- We are seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals with an eye for detail to join our Research Operations team at 54gene.
- This role will oversee the Quality Assurance and Quality Control aspects of all Research study implementation, to ensure all processes are conducted and deliverables attained according to established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Project protocols and all applicable regulatory requirements. He/She will also be a hands-on resource in assisting with internal and external audits.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform extensive quality assurance review of research study design and implementation documents and data across multiple complex studies and report findings to the research management team
- Develops and implements plans and tools for monitoring all research study processes, internally and across our network of collaborating institutions/sites, including participant recruitment processes, biospecimen quality assurance, and data collection practices and control techniques
- Define Quality Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) at the respective research project (study) level and individual contributor level
- Create and maintain an education and training program for sites: Conducts periodic trainings for all site quality staff on established research quality practices, compliance related topics and effective data collection procedures
- Conducts periodic internal reviews and assessments to ensure compliance procedures are being followed: Identifies and analyzes issues, bugs, defects, and other problems, particularly when problems recur; recommends and facilitates effective solutions to these issues.
- Carries out regular monitoring visits and/or audit visits, to collaborating institutions on investigator sites, as required
- Provides metric reports regarding research study quality and compliance issues to the research management team, for process improvements and to ensure best practices are followed
- Develops and tracks site monitoring-related Corrective and Preventive Action Plans (CAPAs)
- Contributes to the planning, design, execution, and interpretation of process optimization experiments (process development)
- Assists in preparation of reports, regulatory submissions, and the drafting of compliance related monitoring Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Ensures that research studies are initiated, documented, and reported in compliance with internal SOPs, ethical guidelines, sponsor guidelines and current applicable regulatory regulations.
- Collect, compile, and analyze relevant quality statistical data to obtain information regarding quality performance.
- Participates in internal project audits.
- Performs other duties as assigned in support of research project quality monitoring initiatives and 54gene’s business priorities and objectives.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Sciences field
- Five (5) years’ supervisory or equivalent experience in Quality Assurance, Regulatory operations, Field Monitoring and Evaluation, and/or Project Management.
- Preferred Masters or other advanced degree (e.g., postgraduate qualifications in quality improvement methodologies such as FMEA, Six Sigma or other similar BOK, preferred
- Experience in educating, training or equivalent is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in quality management, including quality assurance and control methodologies
- Experience in research, medical or complex administrative setting required, particularly the ability to anticipate and solve problems while analysing and navigating complex issues/environments
- Training in, and Experience conducting site audits of epidemiological or other clinical/health research studies
- Ability to travel on a regular basis for site-specific management responsibilities and relationship management with study investigators
- Knowledge of compliance regulations, as it relates to the ethical conduct of research studies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information, demonstrate good decision-making and judgment, and have attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability and initiative to prioritize and handle a variety of tasks and assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have the ability to exercise good judgment in ambiguous situations under pressure and have strong coping skills.
- Must have the capacity to comprehend complex structures and connections and be willing to adapt within a rapidly changing environment
- Strong supervisory, leadership and facilitation skills, to work collaboratively with different types of team members
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software and adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online