The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organization of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Recruitment Officer
Requisition ID: 1381
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Reports to: Principal Recruitment Officer
Directorate/Department: Human Resources Management
Division: HR Shared Services
Number of Direct Reports: 1
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Number of Positions: 6
Job Grade: P2
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Purpose of Job
- Oversee the entire recruitment process of assigned positions by managing internal and external stakeholders, from developing job descriptions with recruiting departments, writing and publishing advertisements, establishing lists of eligible candidates, screening, interviewing, managing job offers and related paperwork.
- Provides support for the monitoring and evaluating of predefined recruitment strategic plan.
- Suggests new and expands on existing policy areas for planned research.
- Contributes in conducting analysis and generate accurate reports in a timely manner for the respective Unit/Division and AU’s internal use.
- Provides support in setting the overall research direction and execution of relevant policy areas.
- Coordinates the organisation of relevant meetings, congresses and conferences with stakeholders.
- Engages with relevant mid-level stakeholders and develop working relationships.
- Supports the promotion of the activities of the Division including preparing leaflets, guidelines and fact sheets.
- Prepares draft reports and participates in the preparation of budget and work programmes related to the functioning of the Unit/Division
- Provides technical support to internal and external stakeholders.
- Drafts and defines approaches, formulating Standard Operating Procedures, policies, guidelines and tools used in short listing, interviewing and selection of staff
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of related guidelines, HR rules, regulations practices and procedures, and recommend revisions to the Unit where necessary;
- Provides support in the development of the yearly recruitment plan and contribute to the recruitment process;
- Ensures compliance to established recruitment practices and staff regulations and rules at all recruitment processes
- Reviews job openings in consultation with hiring managers/HRBP, ensuring that the evaluation criteria and responsibilities are in line with the approved documents;
- Publishes vacancies on AU website and subscribed social media platforms (LinkedIn, twitter and Facebook)
- Ensures thorough monitoring of postings and applications to ensure timely recruitment.
- Coordinates and participates in shortlisting and interview activities using the Success Factor for candidate’s list generation and scoring.
- Generates reports on shortlisting and interview exercises from the system.
- Ensures administration of language professional examination and psychometric assessment to candidates;
- Seeks approval for appointments and ensure creation of contracts in SAP system, and prepare job offers to successful candidates;
- Revises all outgoing documents to ensure accuracy,
- Liaises with on-boarding team to initiate on-boarding process for appointed successful candidates.
- Processes upgrading, promotion, transfer and other relevant requests to the Promotion and Mobility Committee until approval.
- Provides support in the process of building awareness amongst, senior management and staff members with regard to CBI, Psychometric Tests, application process; recruitment policy, staff rules and regulations, and related guidelines;
- Provides guidance on interpretation and application of related recruitment policies, regulations and rules.
- Coordinates the resolution of grievances and complaints related to recruitment.
- Participates in the planning process throughout the recruitment life cycle for determining the staffing requirements and organizational structure and conduct analysis to provide inputs on emerging fixed term capacity gaps in accordance with the mission/clients’ mandate;
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration / Management, Public Administration, Management and Marketing or related field with 5 years of progressive relevant experience in human resources management or recruitment in similar international organization out of which 2 years are at supervisory level.
- Master’s Degree in Indicated fields are required to have 2 years of experience in human resources management or recruitment in similar international organization.
- Professional certification from recognized HR institutions such as SHRM-CP, PHR or equivalent are desirable.
- Communication, report writing and presentation skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Research and analytical skills
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite and AU computer software systems
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
- Strategic Insight.
- Developing Others.
- Change Management.
- Managing Risk.
- Teamwork and Collaboration.
- Fosters Accountability Culture.
- Learning Orientation.
- Communicating with Influence.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Job Knowledge and information sharing.
- Drive for result.
- Continuous improvement focus.
Tenure of Appointment
- The Appointment will be made on a fixed-term contract for a period of two (2) years, of which the first six (6) months will be considered as a probationary period.
- Thereafter, the contract may be renewed for a similar period subject to funding availability, satisfactory performance and agreed deliverables.
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage.
The salary attached to the position is an annual lump sum of US$ 85,212.07 (P2 Step 5) inclusive of all allowances for internationally recruited staff and US$ 66,751.81 inclusive of all allowances for locally recruited staff of the African Union Commission.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer, and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.