Kaduna Polytechnic – The Polytechnic was established as Technical Institute in 1956 and became a full-fledged Polytechnic in April, 1968 vide Decree No. 20. The Institution was taken over by the Federal Government vide Decree 40 of 1991 and currently operate under the Federal Polytechnics (Amendment) Act, 2019.
Applications are invited for the position of:
Job Title: Rector
- The Rector is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the Polytechnic, who is charged with the general responsibility of all matters relating to the day-to-day management and operation of the Polytechnic.
- Possess at least a Master’s Degree from a recognized institution, possession of a PhD will be an added advantage.
- Shall be a Chief Lecturer with a minimum of five years experience on that rank from the Polytechnic system.
- Have relevant qualifications and taught in a discipline available in the Institution.
- Exhibit evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership.
- Membership of relevant professional body/bodies.
- Produce evidence of scholarly publications in reputable Journals as well as presentation of learned papers at educational conferences, seminars or workshops.
- Must be proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- Demonstrate capacity to generate funds/research grants from donor agencies.
- Provide evidence of medical fitness from a recognized hospital.
- Be morally sound, of impeccable probity and integrity, free from financial embarrassment.
- Must not be more than 60 years of age at the time he/she assumes duty.
Terms of Appointment
The successful candidates shall hold the office for a single tenure of five (5) years and no more in line with the Federal Polytechnics (Amendment) Act, 2019. The salary and other conditions service are as approved by the National Salaries and Wages Commission.
Application Closing Date
15th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward twenty (20) copies of their Applications including photocopies of their Certificates and Curriculum Vitae in the following order:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- State of Origin and Local Government Area
- Marital Status
- Number and Dates of birth of children
- Permanent Home Address
- E-mail Address(es) and Phone Number(s)
- Educational Institutions attended with Dates
- Qualifications with dates (Certified copies of Certificates to be attached)
- Membership of Professional bodies / Associations
- Professional qualifications with Dates
- List and Total Number of Scholarly Publications
- Records of Employment(s) and Positions held
- A short write-up of not more than 300 words of the Applicant’s vision for Kaduna Polytechnic and Polytechnic Education
- Names and addresses of three referees.
The applications should be submitted in sealed envelopes, labeled “Application for the Post of Rector”, to:
P.M.B. 2021, Tudun Wada,
Main Campus, Kaduna,
- Candidates should also request their referees to send confidential reports on them in sealed envelopes labeled “Confidential Report” to the address above.
- Candidates will be required to produce Originals of their Certificates and other Credentials at the interview.
- Applicants are to note that any application received either through mails or personal delivery, after the deadline would not be entertained.