Olam International is a leading food and agri-business supplying food, ingredients, feed and fibre to over 19,800 customers worldwide. Our value chain spans over 60 countries and includes farming, processing and distribution operations, as well as a sourcing network of 4.8 million farmers. Through our purpose to ‘Re-imagine Global Agriculture and Food Systems’, Olam aims to address the many challenges involved in meeting the needs of a growing global population, while achieving positive impact for farming communities, our planet and all our stakeholders. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, Olam currently ranks among the top 30 largest primary listed companies in terms of market capitalisation on SGX-ST.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regenerative Agriculture Lead
Function: Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
Sub-Function: Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- The world is facing a global climate crisis and a global biodiversity crisis, to which unsustainable agriculture and associated habitat loss and soil degradation are huge contributors.
- Feeding 10 billion people sustainably by 2050, within the planetary boundaries, is the greatest challenge of our lifetime. Regenerative agriculture promises to help halt or reverse environmental degradation: restoring soil nutrients, mitigating GHG emissions, increasing productivity and livelihoods, and protecting local ecosystems and biodiversity.
- With some 2.5 million farmers and 10 million hectares in our supply chains, and our on-the-ground ground presence — through outgrower programmes, our farms and processing units, and our supply and distribution networks – Olam Group businesses can make a tangible, positive impact for people, nature and the climate.
- As Regenerative Agriculture Lead in the global Sustainability function, you will anchor subject matter expertise, drive project developent and act as a focal point, key resource and technical/policy advisor to BUs and internal stakeholders.
The responsibilities of the Regenerative Agriculture Lead include:
- Designing, developing, supporting and driving practical innovations and programmes to promote regenerative agriculture, improve soil health, improve irrigation pratices, improve residue management and conserve biodiversity, in partnership with the BU leads.
- Testing and guiding Olam’s approach to regenerative agriculture evaluation, measurement, management and monitoring, working in close collaboration with Sustainability leadership and Business operations teams.
- Acting as an internal focal point and resource for regenerative agriculture practices and policy, evaluating and advising BUs on the design and technical implementation of regenerative agriculture practices on farm. Work as a core team-member for on-farm carbon projects that will be developed using regenerative agriculture practices generating value from emissions reductions, avoided emissions and carbon removals/sequestration as well as delivering socio-economic impacts
- Building internal capacity around regenerative agriculture principles and to effectively transfer knowledge and technology to smallholder farmer supply chains as well as industrial plantations
- Monitoring and reporting relevant risks, progress and impacts. Work with the sustainability analysts / Footprinting Team to incorporate regenerative agriculture into Natural Capital evaluation.
- Leading, inspiring and engaging with internal and external partners to develop regenerative initiatives at scale. Collaborating closely with focal points across the range of sustainability topics, to develop holistic approaches that positively impact multiple sustainability goals and programmes (such as livelihoods, food security, ecosystems, and climate…)
- Representing Olam in relevant stakeholder meetings and industry forums
- Degree level qualifications/ equivalent technical experience of relevant Agriculture / Soil Science / Environmental Science disciplines.
- A personal passion for sustainable agriculture and food systems
- 6-10+ years in relevant roles including significant experience working within large organisations, with demonstrable experience in driving adoption of sustainable agrculture and positive environmental impacts in relevant projects and programmes.
- Outstanding programme management and organizational skills, including a high level of team management and goal-setting, team skills development, workflow and budget management, and a focus on delivery.
- Experience preferred in relevant agricultural crops and landscapes, and a sound appreciation of the human dimensions of rural agriculture, conservation and development.
- Self-reliance, motivation and willingness to travel and work in remote locations and sometimes challenging circumstances.
- Proficiency in French is strongly desired
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Olam is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nationality, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Applicants are requested to complete all required steps in the application process including providing a resume/CV in order to be considered for open roles.