The British Council is the United Kingdom’s international organisation for cultural relations. The British Council creates international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and builds trust between them worldwide. We call this cultural relations.
Title: Regional Counter Fraud Manager – SSA (Sub Saharan Africa)
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
Pay band: 6
Contract type: Locally Engaged
Department: Advisory, Policy and Expertise
- The Regional Counter Fraud Manager SSA will manage the implementation and delivery of the British Council’s counter fraud strategy and investigative response in Nigeria and across the SSA region.
- The role will report into and support the Regional Counter Fraud Advisor SSA and the Global Counter Fraud Team to implement new policies, systems and processes to embed a zero-tolerance approach to fraud management, build capability and investigate cases.
- We are looking for a candidate with a passion for counter fraud, investigative work and an excellent attention to detail.
- The role holder will be keen to learn, grow and bring a new dynamic to our Counter Fraud team.
- This is a junior-level position and ideal for a candidate seeking to build a career in counter fraud / investigative work.
Main Accountabilities for this Role
Developing a culture of zero-tolerance:
- Support Nigeria Country Office and the SSA region to ensure that all concerns of fraud are managed in line with the Anti-fraud and Bribery & Corruption Policy
Improving Policy and Process:
- Support global counter-fraud team initiatives with the Regional Counter Fraud Advisor and ensuring deployment across the Nigeria operation and SSA region.
- Ensure that the investigations in Nigeria operations and SSA region are performed in accordance with the Fraud Response Plan and the Raising Concerns Policy.
- Play an active role in follow-up actions, including attending case-related calls and implementing process improvements to minimise future fraud risk.
Education & Training:
- Design and deliver counter fraud training across SSA region to improve staff knowledge and skills.
- Cascade training to Fraud Focal Points in the region and other regional colleagues, to their teams and functions.
- Monitor and manage the content of regional and country intranet pages on ‘counter fraud’ to provide counter-fraud updates and disseminate key messages on detection, prevention and reporting of fraud.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- A relevant qualification in Counter Fraud, such as the ACFE
- Counter fraud experience – 1-2 years’ full-time work experience in the counter fraud sector including investigation experience
- Strong Communication skills:
- Effective verbal and written skills
- Consultation and stakeholder management
- Provision of timely and constructive advice
- Understanding the audience
- Knowledge sharing
- Policy / framework management:
- Experience in policy management and implementation
- Knowledge of compliance monitoring and control frameworks and techniques
- Data analysis and reporting to identify trends and recommend policy and process options
Counter Fraud Casework:
- Professional analysis and judgement
- Conducting enquiries, interviews and investigations
- Managing evidence and intelligence
- Report writing
- Presenting at meetings
- Content development, review and delivery of counter fraud content
- Candidates must have the current right to live and work in Nigeria.
N8,106,740 / Annum.
Deadline: Nov 26, 2021