Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumiaâ€™s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, and new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Risk Manager
- As Regional Risk Manager, you will be responsible for the maintenance of robust enterprise risk management processes in Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Ghana, and Senegal.
- This includes the implementation of strategies and processes which mitigate threats to the successful delivery of the organisation’s corporate and business plans and desired outcomes.
- The role is located in Lagos, Nigeria with possible travel to the other markets as and when required.
- Implement the risk management plan and strategy, communicate expectations and obligations through Heads of Departments (HODs) and managers, and monitor and report on performance to improve risk profile in the respective markets including supporting the JumiaPay ERM approach.
- Continuously scan the internal and external environment to identify and detect potential threats to brand reputation, financial sustainability, operational efficiency, workforce investments and safety to fully develop a shared understanding of the risk exposure.
- Conduct or oversee the conduct of regular risk assessments and preparation of all documentation related to risk assessment, and reviews of standard operating procedures ensuring that recommended improvements are fully implemented.
- Deliver regular risk analysis reports to the respective countries’ risk committees composed of the countries’ senior leadership, complete with actionable plans for avoidance or prevention of possible threats at all levels.
- Lead implementation of programs designed to anticipate and to minimise threats to our strategy in the respective markets and offer expertise risk advisory to the business teams and work hand in hand in successfully implementing projects and initiatives.
- Coordinate the countries’ risk champions forums in collaboration with other assurance functions with periodic risk reporting to the countries’ risk committees and support the implementation of the business continuity planning, strategies and testing to facilitate operational resilience.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- A strong Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or their equivalents
- Membership in a relevant professional body and certification in Risk Management, Compliance or Business Continuity Management
- Minimum of 5 years of risk management experience in a reputable organization with strong risk management skills.
- You must be a strong self-starter and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with priorities that frequently change and occasionally compete
- You must be a great communicator and solid project manager, able to effectively prioritize and advance a large number of matters, often on tight deadlines
- You must be able to work independently to drive the execution of business objectives and with teammates across various jurisdictions.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having a strong impact on building the African eCommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2022.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.