The Delta State School of Marine Technology, Burutu enabling act was enacted on 2nd August, 2006. The act provides details on the specific functions; management and other purposes connected therewith the school.
Our mission is to promote competence, expertise and enterprise in Marine Science, Engineering and Technology through the instrumentality of high quality training, purposeful research, high profile career-driven capacity building and pragmatic consultancy services for the maritime and allied industries/commerce in particular and for the peaceful and sustainable development of the Niger Delta region and the entire globe in general.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Burutu, Delta
- Shall be responsible to the Rector for the administration of the affairs of the school.
- He shall be secretary to the Council, the Academic Board and the Congregation and shall perform other duties as the Rector shall from time to time assign to him/her and as stated in the Law establishing the school.
Qualification & Experience
- Candidates for the post of Registrar must hold a good Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution of higher learning with at least seventeen (17) years cognate experience or a Master’s Degree with fifteen (15) years cognate experience or a Doctorate degree with twelve (12) years cognate experience from NUC recognized/approved institutions.
- Candidates should also possess sound administrative prowess and must belong to a relevant administrative/professional body(ies).
- Applicants should have spent not less than ten (10) years in the administration/ management of appropriate sections/units in a Registry department of a tertiary institution.
Application Closing Date
6th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit seventeen (17) copies of their applications
with Curriculum Vitae including a statement of their own vision for the school and photocopies of relevant credentials in sealed envelopes marked “Post Of Registrar” at the top left-hand corner and mailed to the address below:
The Office of the Chairman, Governing Council,
Delta State School of Marine Technology,
Burutu, Delta State.
Note: Applications should provide names and addresses of three (3) referees who shall be required to forward confidential reports on the candidates.