The University of Nigeria, commonly referred to as UNN, is a federal university located in Nsukka, Enugu State, Nigeria. Founded by Nnamdi Azikiwe in 1955 and formally opened on 7 October 1960, the University of Nigeria has three campuses in Enugu State– Nsukka, Enugu, and Ituku-Ozalla – and the Aba campus in Abia State.
The University of Nigeria is the first full-fledged indigenous and first autonomous university in Nigeria, modelled upon the American educational system. It is the first land-grant university in Africa and one of the five most reputed universities in Nigeria. The university has 15 Faculties and 102 academic departments. The university offers 108 undergraduate programs and 211 postgraduate programmes.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Advert Ref: UNN/SMS/2022/1/REG
Location: Nsukka, Enugu
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day general administration of the University.
- The Registrar is also the Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates for this post must possess a good honours Degree from a recognized University and must have had not less than 15 years extensive and varied post-qualification administrative experience at a top management position, preferably in a University or similar institution, where he/she must have served at the level of Deputy Registrar.
- Candidates should also be Information and Communication Technology (ICT) compliant and must command respect and be able to carry colleagues along.
- Candidate should not be above 60 years at the time of assumption of Office and should be within the retirement age at the expiration of his/her tenure.
Conditions of Service
- The conditions of service are the same as those obtainable in the Nigerian University System.
Application Closing Date
6th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to forward 25 copies of typewritten Applications, quoting the Reference Number, together with 25 copies of up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, giving the following details:
- Full Name
- Post Desired
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- E-mail Address
- Telephone Number
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with Names and Ages
- Institutions Attended (with dates)
- Professional Qualifications (with dates)
- Working Experience (with dates)
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and work schedule
- Extra-Curricula Activities
- Names and Addresses of three Referees.
Applications should be submitted to:
The Vice Chancellor,
University of Nigeria, Nsukka,
- The respective Advert Reference numbers are to be boldly indicated on the top left corner of the envelopes.
- Also to be forwarded with the applications are photocopies of each certificate claimed.
- Candidates are advised to request their named referees to send references on them directly to the Vice-Chancellor before the closing date of this advertisement.
- Only the applications of candidates shortlisted for the interview would be acknowledged
- Those who applied in the earlier advertisement of January 2022 need not apply again as their previous applications are still valid.