Rand Merchant Bank (RMB), a division of FirstRand Bank Limited, is a leading African corporate and investment bank and part of one of the largest financial services groups in Africa. We offer our clients innovative, value-added advisory, funding, trading, corporate banking and principal investing solutions.
Job Title: Relationship Manager
Department: RMB Nigeria Coverage
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- RMB is a leading Corporate and Investment Bank and our biggest asset is our people. We believe there is no end to what we can achieve for our clients, our shareholders and ourselves if we have the right people. We seek the best – smart, hardworking, self-motivated committed people with positive attitudes and passion for their work and the success of RMB. Our people come from many different backgrounds which add richness to our talent pool. We offer an entrepreneurial environment where our people think and act like owners. We empower people, hold them accountable and reward exceptional performance.
- As a member of the Client Coverage team, this position presents the opportunity to gain an overview of the bank’s business in Nigeria and the West Africa corridor. This role entails the provision of client focused relationship management to support Head of FIG Coverage’s client retention and business development objectives.
- Trending Jobs in Nigeria 2021 (SSCE, NCE, OND, HND, BS, MS and PhD holders)
- Google Job Recruitment 2021
- Cowbell Milk (Promasidor) Recruitment 2021 (Diploma/Degree)
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Recruitment 2021 Intern Jobs (Nationwide)
- Kano University of Science and Technology, (KUST) Wudil Recruitment
- Citibank Recruitment 2021
The ideal candidate will fulfil the role of a Relationship Manager, with the following Key Performance Requirements on Clients:
- Origination: Client acquisition across the FIG portfolio
- Source new business in adherence with coverage disciplines i.e. sales campaigns, liabilities, Client Action Plans (CAPS), Opportunity Tracker
- Effectively and timeously communicatee client interactions and feedback to stakeholders with regards to client developments (Call Reports)
- Where appropriate, identify cross-sell opportunities for other parts of the group.
- The candidate is expected to the preparation of reports and presentations and also contribute to Client strategy including CAPS in West Africa Corridor.
- Collaborate with business units to create innovative solutions for specific product areas.
- Administration: Operational day-to-day account management
- Ensure client files are up to date in terms of compliance
- Interrogate and manage MIS data to minimize revenue leakage on a continuous basis.
- Provide support and adequate feedback on audit confirmations/ operational risk when required.
- Partner with Customer service in resolution of any client queries
- Management of Stakeholders: The candidate is expected to maintain strong networks with the bank and with external stakeholders relevant to the ecosystem of the client in support of client origination and Brand promotion of RMB.
Credit: Proactively manage credit facilities to with updated Credit approvals and ensure CAPs are updated and submitted with Credit applications
Qualifications and Experience:
- Candidates should have a relevant graduate degree and at least 5 years of work experience preferably having worked in commercial or corporate banking and is interested in working in a small team environment with a high degree of client contact.
- Candidates should have relevant experience in financial sector client base – Banks and non-bank financial institutions (asset managers, insurance), including
- Sound knowledge of general banking products and industry specific knowledge.
- Experience in customer acquisition/ sales, retention of designated client portfolio in West Africa
- Proven experience in product development in collaboration with business units
- Strong communication skills, conceptual thinking coupled with strong analytical capability is required.
- Bilingual in English and French preferred
- Report writing skills as well as presentation skills are essential. A high level of proficiency with MS-Word, MS-Excel and MS-Power Point is required.
- Candidates must also have strong research capabilities and must be able to perform company and sector related research with the ability to analyse the financial statements of companies.
- Candidates should be self-motivated to take on multiple tasks, should enjoy working in a constantly changing environment, have strong attention to details, interact well with others and enjoy working within a team-based environment.
Deadline: Not Stated
How to Apply: Kindly forward applications/CV to: [email protected] quoting job ref ( (REF: RMBN/RMF/04/21)