Deloitte Nigeria – Our client in the Financial sector is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Risk Management Officer
- We are currently recruiting for a Risk Management Officer who will work closely with the Head, Risk Management and operations department to ensure effective and efficient implementation of risk management framework, including review of the framework and analyzing of guarantee application & origination.
- He/she will be responsible for assessing, rating, recommending, monitoring and reporting on guarantee operations, financial, strategic and risks compliance that the organisation faces in delivery of its mandate.
- He/she will also assist the risk department in the assessment and monitoring of the credit risk counterparties, including partner financial institutions, issuers of investment instruments, etc.
The scope of work covers the following specific areas:
- The Risk Management Officer shall work closely with the Head, Risk Management to identify and analyse the areas of potential risks threatening the assets, earning capacity and success of operations.
- Collaborate with operations department to perform guarantee applications review, post guarantee review, guarantee monitoring, guarantee claim process review and claims refund activities & implementation.
- Perform regular and delinquency audits to monitor exposure to non-performing guaranteed loans and manage and mitigate credit risk.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders in assessing and providing independent assurance of the adequacy, appropriateness and effectiveness of overall risk management framework, policy and implementation plan.
- Review the presentations of guarantee proposals ensuring that all the information necessary for decision-making are well captured in the proposal.
- Evaluate due diligence recommendation report including risk evaluation and advise management on cooperation with PFIs.
- Evaluate guarantee application received from prospective PFIs to establish the creditworthiness of the PFI, and identify the risks and opportunities in developing a partnership with the PFI and to establish the base to develop a path for the guarantee cooperation including the intensity of the guarantee assessment.
- Review guarantee appraisal of loans to be placed under guarantee to determine the Risk Acceptance Criteria and advise management on key findings.
- Conduct periodic portfolio monitoring on guarantee operations and credit risk to ensure performance & compliance.
- Review and appraisal of guarantee claims application with recommendation on whether to approve the guarantee claim or to reject.
- Review and monitor claims refunds report status quarterly and initiate random file audits to ensure proper handling by the PFIs.
- Ensure compliance with various laws and regulations.
- A Master’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance / Accounting will be an added advantage.
- Significant experience in financial services particularly in the areas of risk management, internal audit, strategic planning and governance frameworks with at least 5 years hand-on experience.
- A background in banking, actuary or insurance is essential.
- Experience with credit risk guarantees/insurance and exposure to development issues is desirable.
- Ability to exercise and perform oversight functions over governance, risk, compliance and control arrangements in a complex financial operation.
- Proven ability to evaluate a number of risk types, ideally including credit risk, operational risk, market risk, liquidity risk, reputational risk, legal risk, compliance risk, AML risks, information security risk, concentration risk, investment risk, and strategic risk.
- Knowledge and understanding of risk control arrangements; – Knowledge in regulatory environment and key regulatory regimes in Nigeria.
- Experience in a fast growing, challenging business environment.
Application Closing Date