Riverbank School Academic Staff Recruitment 2021 British International School jobs / vacancies. Riverbank School recruitment
The RiverBank School is a Christian British International School committed to raising God fearing Child leaders who would aim for excellence in all their endeavor. We offer a Christian and family approach to care and education that will ensure full academic potential is realized in every individual. We therefore ensure that members of staff are dedicated and hardworking staff who are committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of children.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Riverbank School Academic Staff Recruitment
Job Title: Art Teacher
Reporting to: Head of Department
- To inspire students to become artistic and creative, create an enabling and engaging environment for students and deliver quality lessons, ensuring that the desired outcomes are reached.
- To inspire and motivate students to learn about different styles and forms of art.
- To help students develop their creativity and imagination.
- To teach practical skills in the diverse forms of art which include: painting, drawing, sculpting, digital design, photography etc.
- Help students develop appreciation of aesthetics and cultural values
- Prepare a foundation for interested students to pursue a career in arts.
- Prepare lessons and instructional materials suitable for students.
- To deliver fun and engaging lessons that challenge students and also foster learning.
- Assess and mark students’ work as well as monitor their progress.
- To support pupils in their individual learning and development.
- B.Ed / B.Sc / BA / HND/ NCE in Arts or related field.
- PGCE/ PGDE is an added advantage.
- Evidence of in service professional development is desirable
- Clear and effective communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Ability to deliver dynamic and effective lessons
- Suitability to work with children.
- A thorough understanding of the national curriculum and a range of assessment requirements and arrangements.
- Knowledge of various forms of art.
- Knowledge of how to use local, national and statistics to evaluate the effectiveness of teaching.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- U.S. Embassy (U.S. Mission to Nigeria) Recruitment 2021 | Latest U.S Embassy Job Vacancies (SSCE, Diploma, Degree) N15.8m yearly
- Zenith Insurance Recruitment 2021 (Diploma, Degree)
- Zenith Insurance Vacancies
- Flour Mills of Nigeria Recruitment 2021 (Diploma, Degree – any field)
- May & Baker Plc Recruitment | M&B Recruitment 2021
Riverbank School Academic Staff Recruitment 2021
Job Title: Humanities Teacher
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reporting to: Head of Department, Humanities
- To carry out the professional duties of a school teacher including the delivery of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and the provision of support of a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
- The successful applicant must be able to monitor and support the overall progress and development of students, contribute to raising standards of student attainment, facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
- To teach Humanities, ensuring that all lessons are planned with clear aims and objectives and that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies.
- To encourage all students to be actively engaged in their own learning and in reviewing their progress against targets, taking into consideration, the differing ability of students and differentiating work accordingly.
- To deal with inappropriate behaviour quickly and effectively according to the school policy.
- To set appropriate tasks and challenges for homework according to the published timetable, and ensure that it is regularly marked with constructive feedback.
- To keep careful records of student progress in line with departmental and school policy.
- To ensure that there is a high standard of display work in the classroom, which is changed frequently.
- To keep work areas tidy and well organised.
- To attend scheduled meetings in the Department and School.
- To work with colleagues in the Department to formulate plans which have coherence and relevance to the needs of the individual students and to the aims and objectives of the School
- To maintain good order and discipline among the students, safeguarding their health and safety.
- Contribute to the development and coordination of a particular area of the curriculum.
- To ensure that school policies are reflected in daily practice.
- To continue professional development, maintaining a portfolio of training undertaken.
- To support the Head of School in promoting the ethos of the school.
- To promote the welfare of children and to support the school in safeguarding children through relevant policies and procedures.
- To promote equality as an integral part of the role and to be courteous to colleagues, visitors, treating everyone with fairness and dignity.
- To recognise health and safety is a responsibility of every employee, to take reasonable care of self and others and to comply with the Schools Health and Safety policy and any school-specific procedures / rules that apply to this role.
- A good Degree from a recognized Tertiary Institution.
- Must be well experienced in teaching the Cambridge Checkpoint/ IGCSE curriculum as well as the English National curriculum.
- PGCE/ PGDE would be an added advantage.
- Evidence of prior experience as an excellent Subject Teacher and strong subject knowledge across Key Stages.
- Must be enthusiastic, result-driven and committed to raising the level of student achievement.
- Must exhibit strong and passionate understanding of education and of curriculum development
- Effective time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Demonstrable IT literacy to oversee reporting and communication systems.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online