SaroAfrica International Limited is an indigenous private sector player with 3 decades of experience in Nigeria. Saroafrica has five Subsidiaries (Saro Agrosciences, Saro Lifecare, Saro Agro-Allied, Gossy Warm Spring and Saro Oil Palm) and two Joint Ventures (AgriseedCo and Green Hills Agricultural Products). Saroafrica is set to become a leading consumer, manufacturing, FMCG and integrated agricultural value chain group. In pursuit of this ambition, Saroafrica is making a significant investment in a Palm Plantation and Cassava to Ethanol Plant. This role is expected to be for the Saro Oil Palm.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Roads Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties / Responsibilities
- Support the achievement of company operational targets through its maximum availability of a good quality network of roads and tracks throughout the estates
- Organize and supervise the teams of Roads development and maintenance, in coordination with the Human Resources
- Maintain, in cooperation with the Workshop Manager, a fleet of vehicles commensurate to the needs of the task, and issue documented recommendations with regards to additional or different equipment requirements
- Ensure permanent availability of the required materials (culverts, concrete, laterite, gravels etc) for proper development and maintenance of the roads & tracks network on the Estates
- Identify laterite and gravel quarries in the vicinity, put in place sourcing agreements in cooperation with the Agric Director, and organize logistics arrangements for regular ad-hoc supply
- Keep updated planning of all Roads & Tracks development and maintenance activities, including traffic signage, visual warnings to users, and awareness campaign if/when required, in good intelligence with all Heads of Departments
- Report regularly to the Managing Director, Agric Director, Technical Director and all other Heads of Departments about past, ongoing and planned activities, and flag all existing or potential issues, with proposed solutions.
- Support and assist Agric Director and ESG teams in the implementation of all environmental and health and safety initiatives
- Assist with reporting against targets and KPIs to GM/ MD to assess and improve business performance
- Ensure the most efficient traffic conditions throughout the Estates, whilst maintaining the lowest possible costs.
- Minimum of a Second Class Upper B. Agric (Hons) Degree in Agronomy, Forestry or Bio-engineering or equivalent subject is a plus, but not essential.
- 5 – 10 years and above relevant professional experience in a similar role and environment.
- Good knowledge and experience about heavy-duty equipment (Bull, grader, compactor, tipper truck, excavator)
- Knowledge and experience of agricultural operations, imperatively in the plantation sector, in Africa.
- Management / supervisory skills and experience in managing technical teams are advantages.
Application Closing Date
7th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online