Seplat Energy Plc is a leading indigenous Nigerian oil and gas exploration and production company with a strategic focus on Nigeria, listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange (“LSE”) (LSE:SEPL) and Premium Board of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (“NSE”) (NSE:SEPLAT).
Seplat Energy is pursuing a Nigeria focused growth strategy and is well-positioned to participate in future divestment programmes by the international oil companies, farm-in opportunities and future licensing rounds. We are leading Nigeria’s energy transition towards cleaner, more reliable energy that is accessible to all.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Overall Purpose of the Job
- Contribute to effective and efficient management of HSE in the Facility to ensure safety and health of employees, preservation of the environment, and achievement of facility HSE targets.
Responsibilities and Key Objectives
- Support in developing and implementing their HSE plans and advise on operational safety matters in the assigned facility
- Assess and monitor hazardous and unsafe situations and develop measures to assure personnel safety.
- Maintains awareness of active and developing situations.
- Participate in planning and coordinating meetings to identify health and safety concerns inherent in the operations
- Oversee appropriate HSE equipment installations and maintenance, and disposal of wastes and substances and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
- Manage HSE communication (guidelines, lessons learnt, observations) with the production facility team to create consistency in safety standards throughout the production team and the entire company
- Provide support to ensure timely identification of HSE hazards, conduct evaluation of risks for all activities and development of effective tools to manage and reduce these risks to ALARP
- Participate in Incident Investigation & Review Panels and ensure lateral applications of key learnings and corrective actions
- Participate in facility related Project Risk Assessments (PRA’s), HAZID’s, HAZOPS’s, etc.)
- Focal point on HSE Statistics & Data Management for facility team with interface to Corporate team responsible for HSE Performance & Information Management
- Maintain Audit log and follow up on closure of audit items and HSE Issues
- Monitor and ensure safe work execution and generally good HSE practices in the facilities.
- Provide technical assistance on HSE matters to personnel in the facilities.
- HSE (LTIF, Fatalities, Environmental /regulatory compliance)
- % completion of HSE plans
- Timeliness in delivery of routine HSE performance reports
- % close-out of HSE Audit & Issues items
- No direct operational budget responsibility
Key Interfaces (Internal):
- Corporate HSE department colleagues, Project team disciplines; HR; SCM; Medical team, Spill Responders, Community Relations
Key Interfaces (External):
- Joint Venture Partners and statutory government agencies. Communities
- Monitoring of activity of several worksites.
Qualifications & Experience:
- First Degree in an Engineering field or Technical Sciences
- Minimum of 5 years of E&P work experience in an HSE-critical position.
- Relevant international HSE Certification in ISO standards and HSE management systems
- Experience in implementation of HSE MS.
- Knowledge level in HSE and Process Management Systems
- Awareness level in HSE Policy and Strategies, Technical Safety Engineering, and Incident Investigation and analysis is an advantage.
- Interpersonal relationship with excellent networking ability
- Data management and analytical skills.
Application Closing Date
6th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online