APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited/Gte, formerly known as AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria is a non-governmental organization registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). APIN has built a strong partnership with the Nigerian Government, which is memorialized through a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the National Planning Commission. APIN is a leading Nigerian organization in the provision of prevention, care and treatment services to patients with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Malaria; Reproductive Health; Family Planning; Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, and other non-communicable diseases of public health significance.
We are recruiting a qualified person to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Officer (Incinerator / Waste Management)
Requisition ID: api-08507
Location: National Reference Laboratory (NRL), Abuja
Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Laboratory Services
Reporting To: Molecular Lead
- This position will report to the Molecular Lead and will support the management of the incinerator at NRL.
- S/He will oversee the routine operation of the incinerator and will be responsible for daily checks and operational adjustments to ensure the plant runs at its optimum capacity.
- S/He will supervise daily temperature checks to ensure all storage freezers are performing optimally.
- S/He will be responsible for first line maintenance and will closely work with vendors to ensure quick intervention in the events of equipment breakdown.
- Oversees the management and maintenance of the ultra-high temperature incinerator at NRL Abuja.
- Develop appropriate guidelines, procedures and tools required for waste handlers.
- Support the routine operation, control and first line maintenance of the incinerator.
- Carry out daily checks and make operational adjustments to ensure the plant runs at its optimum
- Work with the incinerator operators to improve performance of the incinerator
- Supervise activities of the incinerator operators, and monitors the effective utilization of the incinerator.
- Provide and support capacity building activities for waste handlers
Qualifications and Experience
- Must be in the field of engineering or possess a Higher National Diploma or equivalent in Engineering or Instrumentation
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ professional experience with hospital equipment including incinerators
- Experience and skill in troubleshooting and repairing hospital equipment including incinerators
- Good knowledge of equipment management and understanding of basic principles of incinerator operation
- Strong attention to detail and ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work alone and as part of the team
- Ability to multitask, manage time efficiently, negotiate and meet deadlines
- Highly motivated, energetic self-starter who can think and act self-sufficiently.
Application Closing Date
13th December, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online