Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Media Coordinator
- Location: Abuja
- Sahel Consulting and its partners have launched an online platform called Nourishingafrica.com that is the ‘Home for 1 Million Agri-Food Entrepreneurs Transforming Africa’s Agricultural Landscape’.
- The mission of Nourishing Africa is to “attract, empower, equip, connect and celebrate over 1 Million dynamic and innovative young entrepreneurs who will drive the profitable and sustainable growth of the African agriculture and food landscape”.
- As such, this hub serves as a platform for these stakeholders to accelerate their work, connect with each other, and celebrate their successes on the continent.
- The portal includes information on funding, e-learning, data, African food and chefs, career opportunities, and other resources to develop one’s career in the agri-food industry.
- The candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing an integrated communications strategy for Sahel Consulting and Nourishing Africa, incorporating public relations and online marketing functions with the aim of increasing brand awareness and generating engagement for the organization, both online and offline.
- This position involves the engagement of media, presentations, blogging, industry-specific conferences, social media, and digital marketing activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and expand an efficient digital marketing strategy for the organization.
- Design, publish and manage promotions and campaigns.
- Develop and expand an online community for the organization.
- Take full responsibility for the organization’s social media platforms, developing, generating and posting relevant quality content (images, videos, text), managing hits and requests, and responding appropriately to concerns and / or directing such to relevant quarters.
- Drive efforts to build the organization brand and create broad-based awareness in the public domain.
- Coordinate social media logistics for the organization’s events including driving strong publicity, ensuring adequate participation of required stakeholders and publishing updates of the event via social media.
- Profile and facilitate connection with relevant events and stakeholders in the agriculture and nutrition landscape across Africa.
- Conduct online survey and advocacy activities.
- Liaise with relevant communications units and agencies for features, participation and other promotional activities.
- Monitor online ratings, obtain feedback and respond accordingly.
- Monitor threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the organization and report notable threats to the team.
- Monitor and report emerging trends and effective best practices in social media tools, applications, channels, designs and strategies.
- Analyse, review and report the effectiveness of social media activities and develop strategies for improvement.
- Carry out other responsibilities assigned by the management.
Minimum Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communications, Digital Marketing, Business Administration, New Media / Public Relations or related fields.
- Previous experience as a Social Media Coordinator for a similar organization would be a strong advantage
- Highly articulate individual with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent research, editing and proof-reading (photo / video / text) skills.
- Demonstrable social networking experience and knowledge of social analytics tools.
- Strong graphic design skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of current online marketing channels.
- Positive attitude, good team player, attentive to details with good multitasking and organizational ability.
- Highly flexible and able to set priorities.
- Extensive list of stakeholder contacts in the agriculture and food sector is an advantage.
- Adequate knowledge of Conversion Rate Optimization and Search Engine Optimization is a strong advantage.
Application Closing Date
Open till Filled.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online