Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Sales Strategy Lead, Go – To – Market
Location: Lagos Nigeria
About the Job
- The Business Strategy & Operations organization provides business critical insights using analytics, ensures cross functional alignment of goals and execution, and helps teams drive strategic partnerships and new initiatives forward. We stay focused on aligning the highest-level company priorities with effective day-to-day operations, and help evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives.
- As the Sales Strategy Lead for Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) Sales, you will partner closely with the SSA Regional Director and the Country Directors for South Africa, Nigeria, and Kenya (SSA3) to set direction for the business activities in the region, with a focus on business and product strategy, business execution, and business generation. As a member of the Management Group, you will work closely with the full African cross-functional leadership team. In this role, you will support all business channels and enable successful delivery of the business plan by creating a business rhythm that allows the management team to set the right aspiration and direction, track performance (including business reviews), identify shortfalls and opportunities, and execute main initiatives in the region. You will also be responsible to cascade global and regional strategy and programs into SSA3 and to share best practices from SSA3 across other EMEA emerging markets and globally.
- The Go-to-Market Operations (GtM) team ensures Google’s complex and ever-evolving Ads business runs smoothly. We are instrumental in setting go-to-market strategy, and ensuring flawless execution and operations against the strategy. We have teams embedded in each of the major Ads business areas as well as global teams that work across the business areas. Team members are analytical and strategic, with a pragmatic sense of how to get things done.
- Develop and deploy SSA3 strategy collaboratively with relevant Sales and cross-functional leads. Provide consistent metrics to understand and improve business performance, both business and productivity (business efficiency and effectiveness).
- Support ads product localization efforts.
- Enable effective business reviews. Identify/prioritize business opportunities (e.g. country, business channel, vertical, product) and develop programs to capture (test, implement).
- Ensure appropriate resource allocation (e.g. sales teams, sales tech support) to achieve business and productivity goals. Leverage best-practices and global programs into prioritized business plans and scalable business practices.
- Participate and contribute in strategic efforts in close collaboration with regional and global teams.
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in strategy consulting or similar work requiring project management and executive communication
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
- Sales and/or marketing experience; experience in structuring and implementing initiatives with sales teams
- Demonstrated strong performance in roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence including the ability to lead complex operational and strategic initiatives
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good networker and influencer, with strong interpersonal skills, ability to work across various Google functions
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online