The Delta State School of Marine Technology, Burutu enabling act was enacted on 2nd August, 2006. The act provides details on the specific functions; management and other purposes connected therewith the school.
Our mission is to promote competence, expertise and enterprise in Marine Science, Engineering and Technology through the instrumentality of high quality training, purposeful research, high profile career-driven capacity building and pragmatic consultancy services for the maritime and allied industries/commerce in particular and for the peaceful and sustainable development of the Niger Delta region and the entire globe in general.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: School Librarian
Location: Burutu, Delta
- Shall be responsible to the Rector for the administration of the School Library
- Shall administer efficient working of staff in the library; Assist in the development of library instruction programmes.
- Must have working knowledge and implementation of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in library deliveries.
Qualification & Experience
- Candidates for the post of the School Librarian must hold a good Bachelor’s Degree with at least seventeen (17) years experience or a Master’s degree (M.L.S) from an NUC recognized institution of higher learning with fifteen (15) years cognate working experience in the academia (library) and must belong to recognized professional body (ies) relevant to library.
- Applicants should have spent not less than ten (10) years in the administration / management of library(s) domiciled in tertiary institution.
Application Closing Date
6th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit seventeen (17) copies of their applications
with curriculum vitae including statement of their own vision for the school and photocopies of relevant credentials in sealed envelopes marked “Post Of School Librarian” at the top left hand corner and mailed to the address below:
The Office of the Chairman, Governing Council,
Delta State School of Marine Technology,
Burutu, Delta State.
Note: Applications should provide names and addresses of three (3) referees who shall be required to forward confidential reports on the candidates.