Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited, as leading international player in marine services, offers to the most demanding oil & gas clients worldwide a full line of innovative, safe, high performance and new generation vessels and an expanded offer of offshore oil & gas services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Second Mate – DPO AHTS PSV MPSV M/F
Contract Type: Contracted
Roles and Responsibilities
- Second Mate is third in command of the vessel and a watch keeping officer. Their responsibility lies in the safe and efficient voyage and navigation of the vessel. In some cases the Second Officer acts as the Safety Officer ensuring the compliance of the vessel operations with regards to international regulations and company requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and provide necessary written instructions from and to the other Deck Officer
- Is Conversant with the vessel manoeuvring and bridge equipment + the vessel DP system including its functions, the manuals and procedures.
- Aware of the DP Plan Maintenance
- Communicate and report to the Master any deficiency, incident or event that may potentially impact the vessel operations (including DP operations)
- Participate in emergency and DP emergency response trainings.
- Committed to Safety and Company Procedures in all task
- Above mentioned list of duties is not exhaustive and tasks on board vessels assigned to this position are not limited to above list.
Areas of Operations:
- West Africa (Angola, Nigeria, Gabon, Cameroon, Congo, Ivory Coast,…)
- Persian Gulf (Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE)
Rotation (in average):
- 90 days on/off
Qualifications, Skills and Experiences
Our minimum certificate requirements:
- OOW license unlimited (STCW A-II/1)
- DPO unlimited certificate
- Our minimum experience requirements:
- 4 months seatime in rank on AHTW/TUG
- 1 Rig Move/Towing
- 6 months seatime in rank on any vessels
- 6 months seatime in rank on MPSV
Minimum level of education required:
- 6 – Other
Minimum level of experience required:
- 1-2 years
Licenses (seafearers only):
- A-IV/2_GMDSS radio personnel
- Deck Officer of the Watch Unlimited (A-II/1)
- English (Maritime English)
Type of Vessel:
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online