World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Secretary / Admin Clerk (PMO) – GS3
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
Reference ID: 2106996
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 6 Months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Under the overall supervision of the WHO Country Operations Officer, and direct supervision of the PEP Cluster Lead, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Manage office correspondence and support the distribution of correspondence, documents via electronic mail, courier services or other means to the relevant offices (National, Zone and State).
- Operate a variety of office equipment such as photocopier, printer, scanner, and maintain supplies; produce photocopies and packages of materials for meetings as required.
- Support in organizing internal and external meetings.
- Collects and deliver mails, pouches and other communication from and to courier companies, government agencies and other institution; maintains a mail movement register.
- Assist in preparing brochures, periodic reports, and articles on grant programs, and reports,
speeches and presentations for lectures and special events, as and when required.
- Assist the office works during the office hours:
- Provide tea/ coffee or refreshments for guests/visitors
- Provide support to staff services such as travel, expense claims, document retrieval, inventory, etc.
- Assist with the procurement of office items, etc
- Performs any other relevant duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Essential: Completion of Secondary School followed by administrative and secretarial training.
- Desirable: Diploma in Public Administration, Secretarial Studies or its equivalent
- Essential: At least 2 years’ experience commensurate with the duties of the posts and its grade in an international, public or private organization of repute
- Desirable: Experience in administrative support positions within WHO or another UN agency is an asset. Experience in Oracle-based systems or another ERP-like system is an asset.
- Essential: Fluency in English.
- Desirable: Working knowledge of French would be an advantage.
- Communicating Credibly and Effectively
- Foster integration and teamwork;
- Produce results;
- Move forward in a changing environment;
- Manage resources effectively.
Functional Knowledge and Skills:
- Computer literacy and proficiency in MS Word.
Application Closing Date
11:59 PM: 21st December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Notice: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.