MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Services Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
- Security Services Engineer will be responsible for the implementation, integration, configuration, development, and support of all stages of the security services (SD-WAN, SASE, DDoS etc.) process.
- This includes troubleshooting and optimizing already existing networks to get them up to speed. You may also need to provide demonstrations, assisting the sales teams with technical experience, and helping to cut costs and streamline operations.
The Security Services Engineer’s responsibilities shall also include:
- Integrate SD-WAN, SASE, DDoS and other security solutions
- Ability to demonstrate the effectiveness of a range of managed security solutions
- Work on positively impacting the operational potency of managed security solutions
- Day-to-day observance of the operational impact of the deployed services performance
- Threat response to security incidences, performing actions that isolates client’s network
- Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans
- Interpret Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and apply them to appropriate network devices.
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging cloud security solutions and technologies
- Participate in tier 2 and tier 3 security operations support
- Participate in security incident analysis relating to offered services handling
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- First Degree in a relevant field
- At least 2-3 year experience in infrastructure or application-level vulnerability testing and auditing
- At least 3 years of system, network and/or application security experience
- 2-3 years of experience working with WAN related technologies
- Consistent implementation of managed security solutions at different levels
- At least 2 years of experience working with: Systems security, Network security, Firewalls, IDS / IPS, vulnerability assessments, incident response.
- Knowledge of network routing and security protocols and implementations: TCP/IP, SSL, IPSEC VPN, SSL VPN, and VLANs
- Analyze events and logs using security event management tools
- Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Strong understanding of a process driven environment
- Excellent problem-solving, debugging/troubleshooting skills
- CCSP or Security+ certification or equivalent
Demands of the Job:
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong customer service experience and orientation required
- Availability to work extra hours in times of emergency and specialized project deliveries.
- Understand and manage the pressure of a 24×7 customer support environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve systems problems and issue
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online