Saipem is a global leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Installation Businesses, with a strong inclination towards oil & gas-related activities in remote areas. We excel in the provisioning of engineering, procurement, project management and construction services, with distinctive skills and capabilities in the design and execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Buyer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
- Carry out all the activities necessary to purchase goods and/or services/subcontracts, in compliance with given cost/time/quality requirements and with Corporate/Company policies and standards and work instructions
- Issue to vendors the Request for Quotation based on given purchasing request
- Support the vendors during the preparation of the technical/commercial proposals with obligation of confidentiality about the related bid info
- Prepare the commercial/economic bid tabulation to compare different proposals and suggest actions to be taken in order to improve bid result and/or select the vendor
- Lead the commercial/economic negotiation
- Prepare the purchase or der/subcontract based on standard General Purchase Terms and Conditions and Project Special Purchase Conditions, if any, and managing possible deviations
- Close out the bid process receiving purchase/subcontract confirmation by selected vendor and informing the unsuccessful vendors about negative result of their bid
- Follow up and negotiate, if necessary, purchase order/subcontract revisions
- Perform the assigned activities in compliance with procedures and provided systems and tools
- Check and comment the technical documentation received with the Purchase.
Application Closing Date