Dragnet Solutions Limited – Our client, an indigenous Electricity Meters Manufacturing company, is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Database Administrator
Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
- We are seeking the services of a professional Database Administrator (DBA) who will keep the database up and running smoothly 24/7.
- The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users and clients.
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialized role
- Design and implement database in accordance to end users’ information needs and views
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required.
Requirements & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Computer Science or any related field.
- Must have 2-3 years proven experience as a Database Administrator using any of the following applications: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
- Proven experience working hands-on with big data systems.
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third-party tools
- Familiarity with programming languages API
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically.
Application Closing Date
5th December, 2022.