International Energy Services Limited (IESL), established in 1990, is a specialist, multidisciplinary, energy services company that provides integrated, client-focused and cost-effective services in the oil and gas industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Design Engineer – Instrumentation
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
- The Design Engineer supports the Lead Design Engineer in the Project Delivery Organisation in ensuring effective coordination and delivery of design and engineering work for capital projects.
- Ensures that the instrumentation engineering design for assigned capital project is carried out safely to applicable codes and standards utilizing industry best practices to achieve error free and on-schedule project delivery.
- Responsible for delivering the instrumentation and process control engineering design packages for projects, as appropriate for each phase, in line with the corporate goal of top-quartile, competitive and affordable projects
- Apply the relevant project and engineering procedures in line with the PMF/DCAF to deliver the appropriate engineering and design requirements and ensure value creation and protection
- Ensure all Instrumentation (Process control and automation) engineering discipline requirements and inputs are made into Project documents such as BfD, BDP, BDEP, PES, PEP, ITT, etc, in close coordination with other technical disciplines to ensure an integrated delivery.
- Act as technical expert on projects within the projects organization and responsible for the relevant discipline deliverables plan for projects. Liaise with the Corporate Engineering and other SMEs/TA to provide appropriate technical assurance on projects.
- Carry out and perform basic and detailed design and engineering work: Design Calculations, Simulations, Work scope definition, Project Specifications, selection of standards, Preliminary Design Drawings as may be required for specific projects
- Carry out instrumentation design reviews on third party design packages including, BDP, FEED, Detailed Design to ensure compliance of the deliverables with provisions of the applicable Design standards and specifications as part of the overall project quality assurance program.
- Provide support for instrumentation engineering studies and change impact analysis as part of the Management of Change (MOC) procedure. Review and advise on Construction Technical Queries (CTQ) and mitigate actual and potential impacts on project philosophy and existing design
- Perform the role of Discipline Q-Captain to ensure Flawless Project Delivery
- Provide visible and personal leadership in HSSE to drive Goal Zero from design through construction and operation.
- A University Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- Extensive experience (7-10 years) in the Oil & Gas industry with direct experience of project engineering, design, construction and maintenance.
- At least 4 years should have been spent leading instrumentation engineering design.
Other Job Requirements:
- Analytical: Ability to accurately evaluate detailed specifications particularly geared towards cost minimization without compromising other resource elements such as safety and quality
- Technical Skills: Job would require a detailed knowledge of current and evolving technologies on High Voltage power generation, distribution and switching systems. Detailed knowledge of industry processes, construction sequences, materials and procurement processes are required.
- Detailed oriented: must be meticulous and pay attention to details.
- Verbal and written communication skills: Ability to seamlessly communicate and write comprehensive reports for monitoring, tracking and to support decision making
- Support internal and external Audits.
Application Closing Date
27th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The Curriculum Vitae must be properly titled and uploaded (e.g CV_Data Analyst_Chukwu Abiola Ahmed)
- Relevant Credentials, Professional and membership Certificates, where applicable, must be uploaded as a single PDF file
- Application for more than 2 positions will be automatically disqualified.
- Only applications received via the IESL online portal shall be considered.
- Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
- Any false information provided during or after the application process will lead to outright disqualification of such candidate(s).
- If you have any challenge with the application portal, please email: [email protected] for support only.