54gene is a health technology company advancing the state of healthcare through large scale discovery and translational research, advanced molecular diagnostics, and clinical programs for the benefit of Africans and the global population.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Full Stack Developer
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports To: VP Engineering
Roles and Responsibilities
- Leverage on the powers of PHP, Node js, Vue and React to develop scalable systems.
- Determine operational feasibility by analyzing business needs, software requirements and proposed solutions.
- Lead other team members to develop high quality Software design and architecture.
- Collaborate with other internal teams and vendors to build and improve products.
- Support and mentor mid level and junior developers by providing advice and guidance.
- Document development phases and drive optimization processes.
- Research new technologies, advancements and industry trends in order to stay abreast of latest developments and enhance the success of the company.
- Determine root cause of complex problems and develop practical, efficient and permanent solutions.
- Write properly formatted codebase as well as implement unit testing.
- Review and debug code.
- Lead code review sessions.
- Over 5 years of experience building scalable systems using PHP, Node js, Vue and React. Experience using other technologies will be an added advantage.
- An in-depth understanding of data structures and algorithms. And how it can be used in building memory efficient systems.
- An understanding of Software Architectures and how they can be efficiently applied to ensure the development of resilient systems.
- Expert knowledge of Software Development methodologies and how they can be applied to different project dynamics.
- Leadership and coaching skills as well as the ability to manage multiple projects and manage collaboration between team members to produce a final product.
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the Software Development life cycle.
- Automate tasks using appropriate tools.
- The desire to work in a fast paced environment.
- Experience building and supporting enterprise applications
- Excellent communication skills.
Application Closing Date