SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Instrument Technician
Location: Amenam – Offshore (Niger Delta)
Contract type: Fixed-term-contract
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract duration: 1 year renewable
- We are currently looking for a Senior Instrument Technician to join our workforce in Nigeria.
- Must be and remain well informed of rules, instructions and procedures regarding QHSE.
- Implements and ensures implementation of SPIE OGS QHSE rules, instructions and procedures.
- Makes proposals for the continuous improvement of QHSE provisions.
- Draws up non-compliance and/or observation reports when noting any malfunction or risk situation and transmits them to the local QHSE department.
- Immediately alerts any person who caused a risk situation, on noting the occurrence of any such situation.
- Adopts an eco-approach at all times in the exercise of his/her duties.
- Alerts the line management when encountering any professional situation that does not comply with the principles and rules governing the carrying out of SPIE Group activities (Ethics Alert).
- Organizes and performs on-site the maintenance operations which are placed under his responsibility, with his teams assists specialists working under Specific Maintenance Contracts (SMC).
- Ensures that the COMPANY’s HSE regulations are respected (especially procedures related to Work Permits), as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during performance of maintenance operations placed under his responsibility.
- Ensures that all maintenance and repairs to plant and equipment are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and in strict compliance with COMPANY operating procedures and any relevant statutory legislation in order to maintain all such equipment in sound and safe operating condition.
- Manages interventions using the CMMS,
- Enters intervention reports in the CMMS (including those concerning SMC) and writes the technical reports related to his field,
- Monitors the functioning of systems placed under his responsibility,
- Ensures that the transfer of knowledge by mentoring occurs properly within his teams, and actively participates in this himself,
- Carries out, at the Supervisor request, any intervention within his field of competence.
- Takes in charge the systems under his responsibility in case of breakdown until correct operation status.
- Identifies recurrent corrective maintenance interventions, analyses them and suggests improvements,
- Keeps a critical eye on current preventive maintenance programmes and, if need be, suggests improvements,
- Warns support teams of any recurring problems related to the availability or quality of spare parts and Suggests improvements and requests modifications.
- Verifies the quality of his team’s interventions by frequent on-site checks,
- Ensures that the members of his teams have the qualifications and skills required for the tasks entrusted to them and, if need be, suggests corrective measures.
Candidate must possess the following:
- Higher National Diploma or Certificate (HND/HNC (A-levels + 3 years’ study) or BTS/DUT or equivalent,
- 3 to 5 years experience in the maintenance field on oil and gas production installations,
- Basic knowledge of the process of oil and gas treatment, installations and a thorough knowledge of the equipment used in oil and gas treatment installations
- CMMS experience and know-how
- Ability to lead and motivate multi-national teams,
- Pride in his work, ability to maintain good relations with colleagues and others,
- Physical ability to work on offshore installations in the climatic conditions of the site,
- Working language: English, and French as an advantage.
- He must have proven ability as a leader of small teams.
- Perfectly competent and independent in his field, he must show common sense and organizational ability.
- Natural authority, founded on his abilities and on the trust he has in his teams, is essential.
- Minimum level of experience required: 3 years or more
- Required authorisations: 3 to 5 years experience in the maintenance field on oil and gas production installations,
- Languages: English (D-Full professional proficiency).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online