The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organisation of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor, Partner Fund
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
Requisition ID: 904
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Reports to: Head of Financial Audit
Directorate / Department: Office of Internal Oversight (OIO)
Division: Financial Audit
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: P3
Contract Type: Fixed-term
Purpose of Job
- Under the general guidance of the Head of Financial Audit, the incumbent is responsible for the formulation of appropriate audit programs, assigning and directing staffing resources to complete the audit plans as scheduled, generating final audit reports for review, and conducting thorough follow-up audits in relation to AU Partner Funds management, operations and activities.
- Prepares and develops reports and participate in budget and work programmes preparation related to the functioning of the Division
- Provides support in resource mobilization strategy and stakeholders coordination
- Manages and supervises employees under his/her supervision with regard to organization and performance evaluation;
- Conducts complex analysis and generates reports in a timely manner for the Division and AU’s internal use;
- Liaises with the various Units of the Commission for coordination and alignment purposes
- Reviews and determines compliance with laws, regulations, policies and procedures in the area being audited;
- Fosters team approach, responding to questions and providing support and advice to management and staff at all locations;
- Engage with relevant mid-level stakeholders to build lasting relationships and promote collaboration, ensuring the effective exchange of information between the Directorate / Division and relevant stakeholders;
- Liaise with the various Departments / Units of the Commission for coordination and alignment purposes.
- Review and determine compliance with laws, regulations, policies and procedures in the area being audited.
- Fostering team approach, responding to questions and providing support and advice to management and staff at all locations
- Performing observations and analysis of the Financial Audit Division procedures to ensure compliance and operational efficiencies,
- Plan, manage, and directly participate in the audits, ensuring their proper execution particularly quality assurance procedures in accordance with the Institute of Internal Audit standards and the internal audit guidelines
- Ascertain that funds are utilized as per the terms and conditions of the donors’ agreements and in accordance with the AUC rules and regulations.
- Review budget performance with a view to determine whether the auditee has executed its budget within the authorized limits.
- Review both financial and narrative reports to verify whether they are submitted to the AU Partners on time and meet the reporting requirements.
- Manage and supervise employees under his/her supervision with regard to organization and performance evaluation.
- Perform any other relevant duty / responsibility assigned.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Master’s Degree in Auditing or Accounting or Finance Management or Business Administration or related discipline with 7 years of relevant work experience of which 3 years at supervisory level in the field of Auditing, Accounting and Finance. OR
- Bachelor’s Degree in Auditing or Accounting or Finance Management or Business Administration or related discipline with 10 years of work experience of which 3 years at a supervisory level in the practice of auditing Accounting and Finance.
- A relevant professional certification i.e. “Expert Comptable” or Chartered/Certified Public Accountant designation (e.g. ACCA, CPA, CIMA, CA, etc.) and affiliation to a relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
- Sound knowledge and auditing experience in peace keeping operations, inter-governmental operations/programs and information systems such as SAP system will be of a comparative advantage.
- Experience with computer-assisted audit tools like ACL, MKInsight, SAP-Audit Module, Teammate is a plus.
- Management experience and excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy;
- Planning and organizational skills
- Excellent drafting and reporting skills;
- Ability to negotiate diplomatically
- Managerial skills, political tactfulness and supervisory skills to achieve documented objectives.
- Applicants must be proficient in English OR French. Advanced Knowledge of one more or several other working languages would be an added advantage.
- Strategic Insight
- Developing Organizational Capacity
- Change Leadership
- Managing Risk.
- Building Relationship
- Learning Orientation
- Effective Communication.
- Conceptual thinking
- Job Knowledge and information sharing
- Drive for Results.
Tenure of Appointment
- The Appointment will be made on a fixed term contract for a period of one (1) year, of which the first three (3) months will be considered as a probationary period.
- Thereafter, the contract may be renewed for a similar period subject to funding availability, satisfactory performance and agreed deliverables.
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The salary attached to the position is an annual lump-sum of US$ 96,921.34 (P3 Step 5) inclusive of all allowances for internationally recruited staff, and US$ 78,461.08 inclusive of all allowances for locally recruited staff of the African Union Commission.
Application Closing Date
24th January, 2022.