MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager – Data and Analytics
Job Identification: 1447
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 3H
Reports To: General Manager, IT Operations
Division: Information Technology
- Particip ate in all phases of the data engineering life cycle with responsibilities including writing project requirements, architecting solutions, performing data ingestion development, coaching and mentoring team members, and setting the data vision for the organization.
- Own and advance the enterprise information (data & integration) architecture strategy
- Develop vision with Data Architect and manage the execution of deliverables to achieve the roadmap
- Lead teams to use state-of-the-art tools and technologies to build data architecture and data pipelines to acquire high-velocity real-time and batch data of different sizes and scales
- Implement an optimized and tuned data pipeline (data ingest, data transformation, data store and data distribution) for new use cases as well as changes to existing functionalities
- Ensure inbound and outbound data interfaces are appropriately developed and monitored, including that exchanged data is accurate and available when needed
- Manage scope, requirements, and risk related to development work to meet delivery commitments and expectations
- Architect, implement, and maintain scalable data infrastructure solutions that integrate with varying data sources to aggregate and retrieve data using efficient and secure techniques that can be leveraged in BI reporting, analysis, machine learning models and ad-hoc data requests
- Lead data governance efforts by partnering with the business and technology stakeholders to ensure that database management procedures and best practices are met while achieving business value
- Direct continuous improvement of data management practices to ensure that data resources are integrated, understandable, accessible, and secure
- Stay up to date with technology, trends, and tools in Big Data
- Oversee the design, development, and implementation of efficient and effective data solutions to complex business requirements
- Develop risk and business management processes within the Enterprise Value Analytics ecosystem
- Define, execute and monitor data management operational procedures
- Oversee the expansion of Enterprise Value Analytics ecosystem to include future business requirements
- Provide information in support of system audits and ensure timely closure of all audit findings and system vulnerabilities
- Improve process & monitor compliance to SLAs and KPIs in the following areas:
- IS support processes
- Systems integration
- Project management
- Business Analysis
- Application construction
- Application architecture.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University with a focus in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Engineering, Mathematics or related field required
- An IT related Professional qualification will be an added advantage.
9 – 17 years’ experience which includes:
- 10 years’ relevant IT experience with Managerial experience of 5 years or more; and at least 3 years in the Telecommunications Industry
- broad, hands-on experience building and managing data ecosystems.
- 5+ years of experience with multiple Data Technologies, including but not limited to, Data Warehouse, Big Data, Data Integration, and ETL.
- Ability to guide, direct, and mentor team members new to Cloud technology on transition to Cloud environment and foster best practices
- 3 years hands-on technical project leadership with Strong project management skills, including work prioritization, planning, and task delegation
- Experience in Scripting and BI tools/Platforms such as Python/Perl, Hive, PowerBI, SQL, Hadoop
- Experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing deeply technical teams.
- Ability to effectively communicate (both written and verbally) technical information at all levels of the organization
- Experience in engaging and managing Executives
- Knowledge of ITIL principles
- Hands-on experience in on Cloud environments, an added advantage
- Experience working across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous.
Application Closing Date
2nd September, 2022 at 11:59 PM.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online